CHAPTER 14

UNWARY
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TORD wakes up beside Tom that morning in bed. He doesn't know what to say when he realizes last night's actions, What the hell was wrong with me? He bites his cheek inside, feeling himself get flushtered when he further notices them sharing the same blanket. Tom's face is a mere inch away, his body slowly rising and falling at the rythm of his breathing. They had been sleeping while being faced toward each other. Tord feels himself blush at the thought of it and moves away and gets out of bed first. He prays underneath his breath that Tom doesn't kill him today after last night. He owes him a lot more than just a thanks from a guy who hates his guts and wouldn't hesitate to murder him if he ever got the opportunity. He figured Tom's that kind of guy after living with him for a long time now.

He glances at Tom for the last time watching his sleeping figure, and he thinks for a minute to wake the guy up but saves the embarrassment of waking up together for himself. Then makes his way to the bathroom to freshen up for the day. He comes out of the shower with wet hair, still dripping and damp. His rooms still open and when he walks in, he fights down the urge of a choked gasp bubbling at his throat. "T-Tom," the male stands at his bedside, scrolling at his phone and looks up at him when he hears his name. "What is it?" He irks a brow, and Tord presses his lips into a tight line. "You...you didn't go downstairs for ah, um...b-breakfast?"
He stammers with his thick accent, and Tom shrugs before shoving his phone into his pocket and walks past him by the door. "Just woke up," he says before leaving Tord in his room alone again with his thoughts.

Tord watches him leave until he can't see him anymore, there's a weird sensation in his stomach and he feels ticklish. Was Tom waiting or is he mistaken? He convinces himself he just misunderstood it. A little surprised how Tom doesn't look mad at all and throwing a tantrum over last night. How odd. But it's a relief.

He meets the rest of his room mates downstairs having a hearty breakfast. He doesn't miss to glance at Tom first who quietly munches on his toast with a bottle of Smirnoff at his side, while Edd nags him about his horrible decision to drink alcohol right early in the morning. Matt seems to be glued into his phone and doesn't pay attention to his breakfast. Everything is  awfully normal. He doesn't say a word as he grabs a clean plate from the rack and sits on the empty chair, then taking a few steaming toasts and places it on his on plate, topping them with some maple syrup he grabs from Matt's side who is still...on his phone.
He munches on the bread glancing between Tom and Edd. The brunette looks awfully disappointed with a hard pout on his face after Tom finally decides to respond to Edd's nagging: "I've seen you grab cola early in the morning! How is mine any different?" Tom groans and Edd visibly cringes. "That's alcohol, cola is caffeine." Edd defends, and Tom starts his usual bickering. Tord can't help but roll his eyes, this whole argument is pointless to listen to and not worth his time. He decides to go outside for a smoke afterwards. He finishes his food first and washes the plates, and Edd turns to him for a minute to remind him it's his turn to throw out the trash today. "Don't forget to throw out the trash!"
Tord gives a curt nod with a hum before getting back to washing the dishes. By the time he's done, everyone's already finished their food and gone to attend to their own things. He takes the nearest rag to dry his wet hands before heading out to collect the trash and throw it out. He is a little surprised when he meets Matt at the door who is all dressed up and ready to leave, and when the ginger notices him, he smiles when Tord quirks a brow. "What's with you all dolled up?" Matt gives a bright grin,"I got a date,"
And Tord wonders, didn't you go to one yesterday?  "Oh damn, I envy you," he jokes lightheartedly, and Matt gives a hard pat on his back with a loud chuckle, "You'll get there soon too." He winks before opening the door for both of them. Tord gives an awkward grin before leaving out with him and watches the ginger closes the door behind and walk the other way after waving goodbye to him.  The Norwegian takes the trash out quickly, then taking a quick smoke in the yard before crushing the burning tip under his feet into the damp grass. He lets last night's events replay in his mind, some part of him is still recovering from the shock of what had happened, and the rest of him feels...oddly ticklish. His stomach feels like it's doing a summersault and he has to bite his lip at the sensation of it. "Enough, enough!"  He yells at himself, ruffling at his hair roughly before crouching on the ground, hands still in his hair. He stares at the green grass under him,"Fucking hell." If anyone were to be standing behind him they'd notice the tip of his ears bright red matching his own hoodie.

It's only then does Tord notice Tom in the kitchen, none speak a word when the two make an eye contact for a solid minute. It's awfully quite and Tord's fingers begin to twitch, which were resting on the kitchen counter. Tom seems to be shuffling around the cabinet, only pausing when he noticed the norskis presence before resuming to continue fumbling with the shelves. Tord opens his mouth, but nothing comes out and his throat feels dry and itchy all of a sudden. He closes his mouth shut in a tight line and looks away, walking to the refrigerator which was right across the cabinet Tom was busy finding something from there. He quitely takes a can of beer from the fridge and walks out of there, leaving Tom alone to his own... things. Although he does wonder, what the Brit would be so frantically looking for?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[A/N]
Another chapter ! Phew...sorry if this seems a little short and there are no scenes here this time , but there's a lot in the next chapter! And I just noticed that we hit 1k readers!! it means a lot to me even tho it's not much but it still makes me very happy (〒﹏〒)