CHAPTER 09

ASSIST
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TOM stares at him with his wide black orbs that look like it could go through his soul. "What?" he spits out and Tord regrets asking it immediately when Tom speaks again, cutting him off. "that was a bit weird to ask bu-"
"Alright, fine. I'll stay for a bit. Maybe." Tom reconsiders and leans a bit more comfortable on the chair with his arms crossed on his chest. Tord stares at him with agape. Is he for real? This better not be some cruel joke of his. "so what, I'll just have to watch you over while you sleep or some shit?"
"I just want...company?" Tord sounds confused and unsure himself, and Tom laughs, he is amused. "You don't know shit yourself? What a joke."
"Fine, then. I'll watch over you while you sleep or whatever. Only for a little while cause this chair is not something I'm going to be sleeping on."
"I'm not sharing my bed with you." Tord quickly says and Tom looks offended and scoffs. "Never in my dreams, I would never."
"Alright. Good night." Tord says before burying himself back into the sheets. He doesn't know if it'd really work, having someone when he wakes up—and it's Tom out of all his roommates. The same guy who would nonstop be an asshole to him? What a turn of events, he never expected this to happen. He wonders, if this really is even a good idea, since he's the only one to know that Tord is paranoid. And  it makes him feel embarrassed a lot more. He glanced at Tom quietly and sees him already dozing off, but the position he's in right now looks unfomfortable. Maybe sleeping in a chair was a bad idea. He doesn't check the time, and closes his eyes when he feels his eyelids heavy. He's exhausted and he had already passed out again today. When he relaxes himself, he feels his mind drift away slowly. There's a weird sense he gets from it and it awfully feels nice.
That night, he doesn't dream of anything.

But he does get enough sleep just to get through the day. He wakes up first to see Tom snoring on his chair, he looks peaceful like this, not like the asshole which he usually is. It seems so unfair, someone as mean as him can never look this kind when he's asleep. Tord wants to flicker his head to wake him up, but he fights the urge to do it. Either way he's going to face the consequences of an angry Tom about to pounce on him any way. He decides against it and gets out of the bed. Leaving Tom there alone. Tord doesn't waste any time the next moment as he glances at his clock, it's morning already and the sun beams through the window covers.

He stretches himself, hearing his joints pop before leaving the room to freshen up in the restroom and start his day off.

He meets everyone at the dining table with breakfast ready as usual. Tom is there already, and the two make eye contact for a brief second. Tom scowls and is the first to look away. Tord doesn't say anything, and slowly slides into the seat, then asking Edd to pass him the cereal box.

...

By the time everyone's done with the food Matt reminds Tord it's his turn to do the dishes today and the male groans. "I really don't feel like it." he sighs but gets up to do so nonetheless. Tom throws a snarky comment at him for that and tord frowns, he wants to open his mouth to reply but doesn't. Knowing well that Tom stayed last night— he kinda owes him a bit. The others leave the kitchen and Tom's the last one to leave but before he does, Tord asks him to wait. "Wait, Tom. I wanna talk about last night."

The male visibly twitches, and the norski doesn't know if he's irked or caught off guard. He decides it's the formal. "What." Tom spits out rather than a question. Tord is almost done with the dishes, "Hold on a second." he replies before he's finished washing the last plate and placing it on the rack to dry. The male rolls his eyes and narrows his eyes at him. "Don't keep me waiting, Commie."
"About yesterday. I think your presence helped me a bit...to get some sleep, I mean." Tord says while wiping off his wet hands with a rag. "If you're that thankful you better pay up shit." Tom scoffs and the other frowns, is he seriously playing it off right now?

"Fine. I'm going to make a fair deal. You'll help me sleep by keeping me company and...and I'll do whatever you want in return." Tord sighs, he thinks it's a stupid offer when he hears Tom laugh. And he's offering to do whatever this bastard wants and he doesn't know what this guy would make him do." You, do anything what I want? " Tom repeats with a sneer, backing up Tord against the table. He's caught off guard by the sudden closeness between them and the  tension in the atmosphere thickens. He squirms a bit. "What are you going to suggest?" Tord narrows his eyes at him. "Buy me some smirnoff I guess. Run errands for me. Do the chores I am assigned to." Tom shrugs off, leaning away with a sly smirk. Tord wants to kick him in the face for that. "So you basically want me to be your errand boy." He scoffs and Tom snaps his fingers. "Yeah, errand boy. Now go buy me some smirnoff n' shit." Tom walks out of the kitchen with no money given to Tord and he is already too late to realize that he's going to have to pay the stuff he'll be buying for Tom's drinks now. "This fucking jehovah. Errand boy my ass." he grits his teeth and balls up his fists tightly.

He's only doing a favor for favor. A fair deal, but this is not fair. He thinks it's a relief Tom didn't make him do anything stupid at least. Yeah, right, doing his stuff for his lazy ass is enough already. Tord goes out soon after to get smirnoff and when he returns, Edd eyes him and the things he's bought. "When did Tord start drinking...smirnoff," he wonders.

.…
[A/N]
Hey!! It's been a very long time I see~ I just finished my exams recently and started a new semester already TvT, so today I'm gonna post 2 chapters!! Hope you enjoyed!