Chapter Twenty Nine

Third Person's POV

After spending some alone time together, they both headed towards the cottage, walking hand in hand.

When they both entered the cottage hand in hand, Vandana smiled looking at them. So he plan did work after all.

She cleared her throat and said, "You both, please freshen up and help me in the kitchen. I have always been the only one living here so it's a bit difficult for me to cook for 3 people. I don't really have the energy these days, you see."

Navya and Arjun nodded their heads and turned to go to wash themselves thoroughly.

They both started helping Vandana prepare dinner now that it was already 7PM in the evening. They decided to prepare roti, rice with mixed vegetables curry and fruit custard for dessert. Arjun surprisingly turned out to be a good help in the kitchen as he knew how to do simple things like peeling and cutting the vegetables.

After almost an hour and half of hard work, they finally completed preparing the dinner and started filling their plates and focused on filling their stomach to the fullest.

Navya's eyes widened when she felt a hand trying to hold her hand underneath the table. When she looked over at arjun, she found him eating, smiling slyly.

The audacity of this man! She thought.

She shook her head when he slowly squeezed her hand and she smiled softly in response. It almost felt like reassurance. They both have decided to get married and now first they have to tell this to Vandana who has helped them a lot and then they have to inform Reyansh and Vanya.

Reyansh! She thought and looked at arjun.

"Arjun, what about Reyansh? Is he fine and when is he going to come? He should have reached by now right?" she asked Arjun.

Arjun looked over at her pondered about what she said for a moment.

"We have to call him but my phone's dead. What about your phone?" Arjun asked her in response.

She shook her head in negative to tell that even that even her phone was dead.

"Do you have a phone here amma (mother)?" Arjun asked her.

"No, son. As I live by myself, there was never really a need for it actually. But you can call from the public telephone booth nearby." She said and continued eating.

Arjun nodded his head in understanding and decided to call Reyansh early in the morning tomorrow. That is going to be the first thing he is going to do tomorrow.

"Uh, also we are getting married tomorrow." Arjun said. It was very random and awkward but he had to say it now.

"Yes, I have expected as much." Vandana said casually as if she was talking about the weather.

Well, that was weird but Arjun just nodded his head and continued with his meal.

******

After a scrumptious meal and satisfied stomach, they all decided to head to their respective rooms to sleep and end a tiring day.

But before Arjun and Navya could enter their small room, they were stopped by Vandana who said, "Where do you think you both are going? You both are not yet married, so it's not right to stay in the same room. Do no forget our culture just because you are in love." She chided softly and gestured Navya to follow her.

Arjun groaned softly under his breath after they both went inside the other room at the corner. He rolled his eyes at the stupidity of the situation he was facing. The old woman let them both stay in one room when she knew that they both weren't married, then why is she doing this now?

He sighed and realized maybe because Navya needed him on that day because she was very sick and she might have realized that later on that they both weren't married. He didn't know and frankly he didn't care because now he is going to marry Navya tomorrow after informing both Vanya and Reyansh.

The next morning, Arjun woke up early and freshened up. It was 6AM and he could feel the fresh morning breeze on his face when he opened the door. He quickly jogged around the corner and sighed in relief when he sighted the public telephone. It was actually really cold which made him shiver and tighten his hold on the warm sweater.

He was waiting for Reyansh to pick up the call after a few seconds, he heard a light hello coming from that side.

"Rey, it's me Arjun." Arjun said.

"Arjun! Where the fu*k are you at. I have been trying to reach you and was about to file a complaint in the police station but I decided to wait for 2 days. You got us worried, man..." Reyansh rambled.

"REY! Listen to me. I am fine and even Navya is fine. I hope you haven't started yet." Arjun interrupted his rambling.

"Yes. Luckily the important work took my time so I decided to return home and thankfully it was before the storm." Reyansh explained.

"Yes, thank god. I am glad. Also, I, umm, getting married to Navya." Arjun blurted out.

"WHAT!?" Reyansh said. He was utterly surprised and shocked when he heard this.

"Arjun, are you serious? What the hell is going on? Did you even ask Navya? Don't hurt her again Arjun.." Reyansh trailed off.

"Yes, a lot of things happened between us and I guess this trip has just succeeded in making us realize our true feelings for each other and yes, she accepted. I know what I am Reyansh and no, I am not doing this to hurt her, you have to trust me on this now." Arjun said firmly.

"Umm.. okay I guess." Reyansh said hesitantly. He was still reeling from the shock and was not sure what Arjun was trying to do but as Arjun said he had to trust him now.

"Okay so I want you and Navya to come here as soon as possible." Arjun said.

Reyansh hummed in response and hung up after saying that he would be there in a few hours with Vanya.

Arjun sighed and turned to go back to the cottage. He was thinking about his dear sister now. He didn't know how she was or if they are even feeding her, he felt guilty now for getting lost in his happy bubble. He should be thinking about how to find his sister, not getting married. But he as to think about Navya too as she was his responsibility and his love. He's going to marry her tonight. But for now he needs to wait for Reyansh as all the numbers and details are in his phone.

When he reached the cottage, it was about 7:00AM and he was surprised to see Vandana cooking something in the kitchen. It was still early in the morning but it's small town so people must be habituated to waking up early in the morning and completing all their chores.

He decided to go back to his room and try to rest for a while when Vandana said no to the help that he had offered.

But suddenly, he caught a glance of Navya and he felt a sudden rush of unknown happiness looking at her. She looked like she just woke up and she was adjusting her saree. He quickly looked away when he accidently saw her waist.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and started speed walking to his room. He should really get a grip on his feelings and actions.

******

Next chapter will be a long one filled with romance, after their marriage. Thank you for reading :)