Chapter Twenty Two

Third Person's P.O.V

Navya slowly woke up from her deep slumber with a satisfied and content smile on her face for obvious reasons.

She was happy that now everything was clear and was really hoping that there would not be any more conflicts and an awkward silence whenever they were around.

She quickly freshened up and went down to prepare breakfast for both of them.

She was extra bouncy today and was eagerly waiting for him to come up down so that thet both could have breakfast together for the first time.

She checked the time and it was showing 8:30 AM. He would usually come down at sharp 8:00 AM for to have his breakfast but today he was quite late which made her wonder if he left already or maybe he's still didn't wake up which was again highly unlikely.

She bit her lip in thought and was about to go upstairs to check, when he graced her with presence, his morning look intact making it clear that he wasn't not able to sleep a blink the whole night.

There were deep, hollow dark circles below his equally tired, red eyes, with his hair sticking out in every place.

Navya was surprised looking at his dishelved state as he was one of them who was prim and proper with never a hair out of place in any kind of situation. Apparently, that was not the case now as Navya definitely knew that something was wrong.

She was quick to lose any hope that she had cultivated in her mind and was thinking about the worst when he waved his hand in front of her, asking her about something.

"Navya! Are you okay?" He asked while snapping his fingers on her face.

Navya quickly snapped out of her thoughts and answered him, "Huh! Yes, ofcourse, I should be the one asking if your okay."

Arjun looked at her with a frown, looking confused.

"What would happen to me? I am perfectly alright. In fact I am actually happy today!" He said with a slight smile look on his face.

Navya again looked at with a surprised look on her face, for the second time.

"Umm..then what happened to your eyes and your whole appearance? I mean you are always so prim and proper.." She stopped looking at him with hesitance.

"Oh! Actually I was working on a very important project the whole night and was successfully able to finish it because I was not able to sleep and today morning and I also got a call this morning regarding the Varma's deal which I finally cracked after a lot of hardwork and effort from my team!" He said with a proud look on his face.

"Congratulations!" Navya exclaimed with a happy smile on her face and yes, she was truly happy for him and it was a wonderful sight for her eyes to see him so happy after what they have been through these past few days.

"And.." he started and she bit her lip as if she knew what he was going to say now.

"Uh..thank you for forgiving me and giving me a chance even though I don't think I deserve it but I always knew that you were a wonderful and beautiful person inside out so I guess it shouldn't come out as a surprise that you have forgiven me. That is also one of the reasons why I am so happy today, infact it is one of the major reasons I could say." He said with his ears tinted pink.

Navya couldn't believe her ears. She looked down and blushed slightly before giving him a small shy smile, indicating that she will always be there for him.

There was a kind of sparkle in his eyes, even though he was damn tired and that pure joy and happiness was clearly visible on his face making it glow in the morning sunlight.

"If you need anything in future, you can always count on me. I'll always be there for you and you don't have to worry about your safety at all here in our house." He said with a small smile on his face without realising that he inadvertently accepted her into his life and also his love for her.

But Navya was not the one who would let something like this slip past her. She felt as if her heart was going to burst out of her chest, listening to the word our and that one single word have her a lot of confidence and hope for their ever after making her smile more widely.

She shook her head and reassured him that she wholeheartedly trusts now and that she will always be there for him, indirectly hinting at his terrible nightmares which do not let him sleep most of the nights, if not all.

She knew she should actually be disappointed as he was still not realising and accepting his love for her, which she was sure was present deep in his heart but at the same time she also knew that she shouldn't expect so much from him as this was just a baby step which, much to her delight had successfully taken.

She was willing to wait for him as she knows he is worth it. This time, both her heart and brain finally agreed with each other on this.

*****

Arjun was going through his paperwork silently when he suddenly saw a small piece of paper lying there on the side of his office table.

He picked it up and unfolded it only to see those familiar words and suddenly realised that this was the same note which was given to him by a stranger.

He blew a frustrated breath as he was not able to catch hold of him to extract more details from him.

He decided that now was the time to confront his dad regarding the every single wrong thing happening in his messed up life.

He slammed his fist on the wall, out of impulse when he snapped out of his happy phase and realised the gravity of the current situation concerning her.

"No..no..no." He muttered angrily to himself vowing to find her at any cost and at the same time protect Navya as there's a high chance that she could also be used as a bait now that it is evident that he cares for her.

He quickly called Reyansh and informed him about his new finding and telling him thay he is going to confront his father before hanging up.

  *****

It was just a kind of a filler chapter but a much needed chapter! Thank you all for reading! 🖤