Chapter Thirty

Third Person's POV

It was around 7 in the evening and Arjun was anxiously waiting for Reyansh and Vanya to arrive. According to his calculation, it might take an hour or more for them to arrive. He was growing restless and he didn't know why he was in a hurry to get married. He never really liked marriages for god sake. But here he is, impatient to get married.

Navya was inside the room with Vandana and she was feeling very shy and she could feel the familiar, fluttering sensations of butterflies in her stomach. She was nervous and excited at the same time, with a beautiful blush adorning her face.

She was getting ready now for the impending marriage. They were going to get married in a nearby temple. It was a very simple wedding with only Vandana, Reyansh and Vanya.

"Hey, Arjun." Reyansh said.

"Finally!" Arjun muttered.

Vanya went inside the small cottage and when she saw Navya, she let out a small squeal of delight, failing to notice the old woman standing there.

Vanya hugged her tightly and then after introductions, Vandana let them both be and went inside the kitchen to prepare dinner.

"So tell me, how did this happen." Vanya asked her eagerly.

"Even I am not so sure, to be honest. I.. he just asked me to get married to him yesterday suddenly and I was very shocked. I mean I never expected this to happen. I thought he was joking and I really don't know what or how did he change his mind. It was a sudden surprise and I am still reeling from the shock. But what I am sure of is that he deserves a second chance and I know that this time he is very serious about us. I trust him." Navya said and took a deep breath.

Vanya was silent for a few seconds and then she hugged Navya again and said, "I am so happy for you. You both deserve happiness after what all you both have been through, especially you. It was a very difficult situation for all of us but I am seriously glad that now you both realized at least now.

She didn't ask anymore questions because she trusted Navya with her decisions, after all she was the one who was more mature among both of them and she was the one who helped her when she was at a very low point in her life.

"Okay now let's get you ready." Vanya said.

Navya wore a beautiful red saree, gifted to her by Vandana and the she left her waist length, wavy hair free. She wore only a small chain and a few bangles as she was not so fond of jewellery. She applied kohl and finished it off red lipstick. She looked very simple but beautiful and natural.

After getting ready, they all reached the beautiful temple, surrounded by greenery on all the sides. It was indeed a sight to behold.

Arjun tied the sacred knot around her neck, filled her forehead with vermillion, they both slowly seven rounds around the holy fire and then exchanged garlands.

Now they both were a married couple and it was still a bit unbelievable for both of them. It happened in a jiffy and Navya was now contemplating the fact that she was a married woman, same with Arjun.

******

Navya was nervously waiting in the room for Arjun who was pacing outside the small room. All the four of them stayed in Arjun's guest house 15 Kms away as there was not enough room in the cottage. It was a very small cottage of 2 rooms so they decided to stay in the guest house for the night and decided to come back.

Navya and Arjun thanked Vandana profusely for her help and promised to come here from time to time.

After reaching the guest house, Vanya and Reyansh quickly went inside the corner room to rest. It was a long journey and they both needed rest.