Chapter Fourteen

Third Person's P.O.V

"Hey, Vanya how are you?" Navya asked her.

It was late at night and Navya was bored. She completed her office work long back and started on dinner for two. But Arjun was not back yet and she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep till he comes back so she called Vanya and decided to talk to her till he comes back.

"Hi, Navya is everything okay? Why did you call me now?" Vanya asked her worriedly.

"Um..no everything's fine. I was bored so I decided to call and anyways I need to tell you something. Promise me you won't freak out." Navya said and Vanya hummed in reply.

"So umm I am actually staying with Arjun now for a few days. It happened so sudden-" Navya was cut off abruptly.

"What!? But what happened? I thought you both hate each other?" Vanya exclaimed in shock.

"Okay first of all I don't hate him and I am not sure if he hates me and second if all just listen to me now. Will you?" Navya asked her.

"Um yeah okay continue. I won't interrept now." Vanya said hesitantly and then Navya started the whole story from the scratch.

She sighed at the end and waited for Vanya's reply but all she heard was silence from the other side.

"Wow! This is too much. I mean.." Vanya said.

"Yeah I know. I just don't know what's going to happen now. I hope I'll not do anything stupid which would further complicate our non existent relationship." Navya said.

"Yeah. Even I hope so. I don't want to see you hurt. You have already suffered a lot. But I am sure you know what's good for you." Vanya said and Mavya smiled sadly.

Before Navya could interrupt there was sudden commotion and Navya thought it was Arjun who finally decided to grace her with his presence.

She bid bye to Vanya and walked towards the living room only to see Arjun lying on the Sofa with his hand massaging one side of his head.

She could clearly see that he was exhausted and was need of a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

She hesitantly approached him and shook his shoulder gently.

"Arjun, did you have your dinner?" She asked him.

"No I am not hungry. I'll just sleep. What about you?" Arjun enquired looking at her.

"Yeah but why don't you eat something. It's not healthy to sleep with an empty stomach." Navya persuaded him and after a few awkward second Arjun slowly nodded his head.

Navya smiled in return and asked him to freshen up.

******

Navya was tossing and turning on the bed constantly thinking about Arjun and his deep, captivating eyes.

She always thought that his eyes were one the most beautiful features which were capable of hiding his many secrets.

She knew staying here was not good for her already fragile heart after what happened a few years back.

It was four years back on the new years eve. Everyone was is their own world, welcoming the new year in their own special way.

But there was one girl who couldn't get wait to get away from all this mess and chaos. Anyone with eyes can see that she was not a party person. She was anxiously looking around the place in search of her friend who called her to come here and pick her up.