Chapter Thirty One

Third Person's POV

Arjun woke up, drenched in sweat, still reeling from the after effects of the horrible nightmare. He thought he was over it but clearly he wasn't and this was more scary than the previous ones as he along with his sister burning alive, he saw Navya too along with an old lady whose face he wasn't able to recognise.

He was sure that it was his grandmother but unfortunately, he couldn't see her face properly and he groaned in frustration.

This was a never ending cycle of grief. He thought.

He woke up and turned to see Navya sleeping beside him peacefully. He didn't have the heart to wake her up so after writing a small note informing her about his whereabouts, he decided to go jogging to clear his head and to breathe in the fresh morning air.

Just when he was peacefully enjoying the weather, he suddenly felt like he was being followed by someone.

At first, he didn't pay much attention to it thinking that he was just paranoid because there was nobody here who actually knew him so he shrugged and just decided to focus on what he was weather

But again he felt like he was being watched by someone and he slowly turned around expecting the worst but he was surprised to see the same old man from before whose note had actually led him to this particular place in search of his grandmother.

He started walking towards the man who then started jogging towards what looked like a secluded place.

"Hey! Wait!" Arjun yelled but the man just turned around and started running.

Arjun was perplexed. He couldn't understand why the old man was running away from him when he was the one who first approached him and he definitely didn't have anything to be scared of.

"Just stop and listen to me once." Arjun said calmly.

The old man, ofcourse wasn't able to cover much distance and Arjun cautiously started walking towards incase he had anh weapon of some sort. Better to be safe as he can't trust anyone now at this point.

"Let's just sit and talk. You don't bave anything to be scared of, okay? Relax." Arjun said.

The old man was breathing hard due and he crouched down on the dirty floor unable to stand anymore.

"Now tell me, who are you and why did you leave me that note?" Arjun asked.

The old man didn't utter a single word for a few minutes.

Arjun starting pacing impatiently as he certainly didn't have the time and enet to deal with this right now. He was sick of these mind games and he now needed a closure to end this for once and for all.

"What the hell do you want from me. Just open ur damn mouth and speak right now!" Arjun yelled in frustration.

The old man jumped in surprise and cleared his throat as he knew that he wouldn't be able to escape now so it's better to be honest and tell him whatever he wants.

Anyways they are going to kill him so he has nothing to worry about right now. They have been searching for him and he was going go die real soon so he wanted to reveal everything before he died.

With tears rolling in his eyes, he said, "I am one of the few trusted workers of your late grandmother.."

"Late?" Arjun questioned quietly.

"Yes." The man said and coughed.

"Y-your grandmother...she was killed by your uncle." The man said.

"What!? I have an uncle? Who is it? Why didn't my parents ever tell me about this?" He asked, shocked.

Arjun couldn't believe what he was hearing. His parents had always disliked him or maybe hated him for some unknown reason and he now wanted to find out all the answers to his questions.

"Your parents are not your actual parents. They are you mother's brother and his wife. They adopted you after your parents death because they didn't have any offsprings." The man said.

Arjun couldn't believe his ears.

"What is this? I don't understand." Arjun murmured. He never expected to hear these words as he always thought that his parents had hated him because he wasn't good enough for them.

"Yes, you were adopted by them after your parents' death and the uncle who killed your grandmother is your father's own brother who always hated you father's guts. Your father, Anvesh Malhotra was a famous industrialist back then who was humble, hard-working and a good hearted person. His employees had utmost regard and respect for him. On the other hand his elder brother, that is your uncle Aditya Malhotra was a cruel man who had always been jealous of your father's success." He said and started shedding a few tears.

"You were snatched away from your grandmother after you were born and given to your mother's brother so that your uncle can use you as a pawn for his revenge. He attempted to kill your parents and pre-planned a road crash. When he realised that your grandmother also knew about this, h-he killed her also." He continued.

"Then that note..?" Arjun trailed off.

"She is you grandmother's friend who has been living alone here in this cottage. She has known your grandmother throughout her childhood." He said and sighed.

Now everything started making sense to Arjun. So his parents or more like his aunt and uncle really never loved him. They used him as a pawn for revenge and for his parents' status and money.

He snapped out of his thoughts when the man started speaking again.

"That note was deliberately left for you so that you will come searching for you grandmother and in turn for answers." The man said.

"I don't have much time left because your uncle had found out about me and he's going to kill me anytime soon which is why I had decided to tell you everything that I know before I die. You parents and your grandmother were good people who were brutally killed by your uncle and he is not going to leave you or your family so please just listen to me and leave this place as soon as possible. He's coming for you." He said and started sobbing.

Arjun clenched his fists. He was unable to recover from this shock but he knew he had to take action before it's too late.

"Come with me." Arjun said and turned around.

*****

Thank you for reading! ❤️