Chapter Twenty Five

Third Person's POV

The ongoing heavy rain and thunderstorm was frightening to say the least and Navya was looking at Arjun with a worried expression on her face wondering if they should stop for a while and take shelter somewhere till it passes.

"Arjun, are you sure that you can drive in this condition. It's very dangerous and we still have long way to go right?" She asked with her eyebrows furrowing in worry.

"Yes. It's okay Navya, I am used to this kind of weather condition and I am sure we can take shelter somewhere if it becomes too much." He answered without looking at her.

Navya was still hesitant and was continuously looking at him wondering why he was in such a hurry even after knowing that there was a thunderstorm today.

Arjun sighed, feeling her continued gaze on him and answered, "I know what you are thinking but I am sorry, I can't reveal anytning to you right now. You will soon find out everything. Please have some patience and you will soon understand everything." He said.

After a few seconds of silence he added, "I thought we will be able to reach our destination before the thunderstorm as it is not so far as I had initially thought but this damn storm is ruining everything." He said and grunted in annoyance.

He was clearly troubled about something and Navya didn't have the heart to ask him now because of his current state.

She trusted him and knew that he will share whatever it was with her when he's ready. So she decided to leave it alone and focused on the matter in hand.

She quickly snapped out of the thought when the loud boom followed by a loud curse from Arjun who swerved the car right and was thankfully able to hit the brakes before any serious damage.

There was an absolute silence inside the car, with only their harsh breathing resonating in the car.

Arjun quickly turned and looked at Navya, carefully looking at her, assessing for any injury.

"Navya, are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Y-yes, I am fine. Are you okay?" She asked him and was relieved to find that there were no serious injuries.

Arjun, in turn was looking at her with an apologetic expression on his face and was relieved to find that she was okay.

He slowly got out of the car and growled lowly when he saw the think black smoke coming out from the back, sending him to a coughing frenzy.

He groaned in frustration looking at the horrible condition of the car which needs a mechanic to fix now and it was next to impossible as there was not a single soul on the deserted streets.

"Great! Just great!" He muttered angrily.

"What happened Arjun?" Navya asked him tentatively.

"Can't you see? We are trapped here now as we need a fucking mechanic to fix the car and there is not single soul in this damn place." He snapped in response and kicked the car.

He knew he was being unreasonably harsh on her but he just couldn't control himself.

'This is who I am I guess', He thought to himself and sighed dejectedly.