Chapter Six

Third Person's P.O.V

"Hey! You are back?" Vanya said, clapping her hands enthusiastically.

"Yeah." Navya replied sulking and fell on the coach.

"What happened? Is everything alright at work?" Vanya asked her, placing her hand in her her arm.

"Yeah. It's just that I have to attend a charity event with my boss and after that there's a masquerade ball which I have to attend because apparently there are going to be our clients and business associates so I am required to take down notes. God I thought to take a nice warm bath, eat junk and sleep peacefully today." Navya groaned and rubber face.

"Oh. I know how you hate these partied and all but a Masquerade ball? That sounds interesting." Vanya chipped.

"Yeah that's why you are going to accompany me. Please don't say no. You know how hard it is for me to mingle with people and I don't know anyone there except my boss who would be busy with his girlfriend and business talks." Navya pleaded holding Vanya's hand tightly.

"But how can I come uninvited. Won't it be-" Vanya was cut off by Navya

"Oh no no. It's fine you can come. Mr. Khanna said that I can bring my friend or boyfriend but as I don't have a boyfriend, why don't you join me? Please don't say no. No one will notice as everyone will be busy in their own world." Navya said and looked at her with hope shining in her big brown eyes.

"Okay fine." Vanya agreed hesitantly and Navya squealed in delight.

"Oh I am so happy. By the way, even you work in a well reputed company right? Then why don't you know about this charity event? I mean that CEO of your company won't be attending it?" Navya asked her raising her eyebrows.

"Uh actually he's gone abroad to take care of some business so even if he's invited, he won't be able to attend it and I really didn't know about this charity event." She replied, checking her nails.

"Oh okay fine and also I would like to borrow a dress of yours. You know right I don't have much dresses and all those I have, are now old and worn out...so?" Navya muttered and Vanya rolled her eyes at her.

"Of Course you can. You don't have to ask. Anyways you don't have to worry. I'll personally help you with your dress, hair and makeup so that you would look beautiful and hot tonight." Vanya winked and Navya rolled her eyes, blushing.

"Hmm okay thanks. I'll freshen up and come then." She murmured and got up to leave.

Vanya showed her thumbs up and continued watching the movie playing.

******

"Reyansh, you are coming to the event right?" Arjun asked him.

"Uh no actually. I don't feel well and my head is throbbing like hell. The doctor told me to rest as I think I am suffering from food poisoning. God why did I even eat roadside food even after knowing that my body rejects it." Reyansh groaned.

"Oh okay. Take care. It's better you rest. I'll be going then. I'll tell you everything after coming back okay?" Arjun said with a frown.

"Yeah okay. I am going to sleep then." Reyansh said and got up?

He went straight into his room and lied down, sighing.

Arjun's phone started ringing and the caller ID flashed Amyra's name. He answered the call, thinking why is she calling him.

"Hey Arjun, you are coming to that charity event right?" She asked.

"Umm yeah. What about you?"

"Yeah I am coming. Actually I was thinking why don't you be my date tonight? I mean my dad told me to ask you because I couldn't think of anyone else and I also don't have any boyfriend but only if you are interested." She said hesitantly.

"Uh...actually okay fine." He sighed and replied. It's not as if he has a date or a girlfriend.

"Oh great. Don't worry we will be going just as friends. Nothing more than that." She joked and he whispered a small okay.

Even if she thinks otherwise, they won't be together and he really didn't want to give her mixed signals. Anyways his P.A was going to accompany him so he womt be alone even if Reyansh isn't coming.

******

"Wow! This is awesome. You should wear this." Vanya exclaimed in awe.

"Is it really good?" Navya asked timidly.

"Of course it is. Why would I lie?" Vanya said, rolling her eyes.

"Hmm okay then I'll be wearing this.

"What about you?" Navya asked, running her hands in the smooth fabric.

She really liked the dress to be honest but was hesitant as there were going to be many people and she wanted to look decent because many of their important clients were attending that event.

"Umm maybe I'll wear this. Is this good?" Vanya said checking out the dress.

"Yes it's nice. It actually compliments your skin tone." Navya said and Vanya hummed.

"Okay then I'll wear this. So how we are done with the dresses." Vanya said satisfied.

Pic

"Yeah. Thank you for lending me your dress." Navya said softly and Vanya narrowed her eyes.

"Why are you thanking me. I am your best friend so of course I'll help you. You don't even need to ask." Vanya said and shook her head in disappointment.

"Okay got it. By the way you are acting so weird these days. Is everything okay with you?" Navya asked her with concern lacing her voice.

"Yeah...o-obviously I am okay. Why do you ask?" Vanya said , laughing nervously.

"I mean you are always checking your phone for every 5 minutes and you are also smiling a lot these days. That's a good thing obviously but you know you are becoming over excited for small things so..is there someone special in your life right now? Navya trailed off, giving her a teasing smile.

"I-I am always like that right. Bubbly and cheerful. If there is someone special as you have said then I would definitely tell you right?" Vanya replied, fiddling with her fingers.

"Well, that's right but you know like you may be hesitating to tell me or you may think that I would judge and all. But it's alright. Tell me when you want to. I know you trust me so don't worry I won't pry." Navya said, giving her a small, encouraging smile.

"I trust you and I'll tell when it's the right time." Vanya whispered and Navya nodded her head.

"Okay now enough of these talks. Tell me what do you want to eat for dinner?" Navya questioned.

"I am okay with anything." Vanya said, shrugging her shoulders and Navya nodded.

******
Thank you for reading.
Have a nice day and keep smiling!! 💙