𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

..."Thank you, Levi."

He looked at you, confusion written all over my face. 'What is she thanking me for?'

"Hm? For what?"

You moved your head on his shoulder just so that you were able to look at him.

"For everything you've done for me, not just now back in the Underground. I don't know how to ever return it to you."

He chuckled and said in a low voice;

"Don't thank me, I don't want anything in return. Just you being here with me is enough for me."

It was true, you were the only thing that made him happy, the only one he truly needed. You were the reason he kept going all those years, he wanted to get you out of that shit hole so badly for so many years, but he didn't knew if you were still alive and then you appeared out of nowhere, in front of him and he couldn't have been happier. You made him feel things that no one else made him feel.

You were the reason he felt loved again and you were the only person he could be himself with, not 'humanity's strongest soldier', not a Captain, but Levi Ackerman. You knew him better than anyone else, sometimes even better than he himself. You knew each and every fears or weaknesses he had, no wait that wasn't true. You didn't knew everything.

You were his biggest weakness and his biggest fear was to lose you, it would break him into a billion pieces if that would happen. That were the only things you didn't knew and he wouldn't say it out loud.

You lifted your head off his shoulder and looked at him, blushing deeply. It was cute. You smiled softly at him as he looked into your (E/c) eyes, and damn were they beautiful in the dim light. Levi just couldn't take his eyes off you.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?"

Levi whispered completely out of the blue. He shifted a bit closer to your face and felt his heart skipping a beat.

"N-no." You stammered.

He looked down to your lips and you gulped, before biting your lower lip slightly. It drove him crazy, whenever you would do that. Everything about you made his whole body all fuzzy. Your lips looked so kissable, he wanted to know what they would feel like against his own.

He looked back up and your noses were touching. He wanted to kiss you and he wanted to kiss you now.

"Can I- can I kiss you?"

Your eyes widen a bit and suddenly his cheeks felt hot. He gulped and brought his hand up to brushed a strands of hair behind your ear. He gave you time to pull away, he didn't wanted to pressure you, but then you nodded your head hesitantly "..please." and he couldn't help the small smile that appeared on his lips. He felt relieved. He cupped your cheek and closed his eyes as he leaned forward so your lips were only a few inches away from each other.

The moment Levi's lips met yours, you gasped a little. He immediately melted into it and a warm feeling spread through his entire body. Your lips were soft against his, so soft and he wanted to never let you go again. His other hand came up to your other cheek, pulling you closer. Your hands gripped tightly onto his upper arms as you hummed into the kiss.

The kiss wasn't rough, it was soft and slow. Your lips moved perfectly against his. He had always dreamed of it and now it was finally happening. He had been always aware of his feelings for you, but somehow the moment you two were sharing now, made him realizing just how strong these feelings really were.

How much he really loved you.

Levi's eyes were squeezed shut, since it was getting hard to breathe and he wanted the kiss to last longer, but a minute longer and you both would have passed out, you two slowly parted and leaned your foreheads against each other, trying to catch your breaths.