𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

After a couple hours Levi went back to his bedroom to wake you up— just as he had promised. He walked up to you and looked at your peaceful face. He sat down on the bed and brought his hand up to caress your cheek.

"Hey, it's time to get up." He shook you lightly and you groaned, cracking one eye open to look at him, smiling.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hey."

You took his hand in yours and held it tight. He leaned down and kissed your temple.

"Come on, dinner is almost ready." When you sat up, you let out a yawn and stretched yourself. You two stood up and walked out.

"Have you heard anything about Hange yet?" You asked Levi and looked to the floor.

He shook his head. "No, but you don't have to worry. She'll be fine, I promise."

You looked back up and he gave you a small smile, before you continued your way to the mess hall.

-

The next day when you woke up, you immediately changed and went to the infirmary. Once there you went in and saw the nurse you were so mean to when you brought Hange here. The moment her eyes met yours, you could see the fear in them and you couldn't help, but felt guilty.

"Look, I'm sorry for acting like shit yesterday, I just wanted to make sure she's safe."

She smiled at you and nodded understandingly. "I can understand that, you were worried about her so please don't apologize."

You nodded and looked over to Hange, who was still unconscious. You walked up to her and looked back to the nurse. "How is she holding up?"

"Oh, she's doing pretty good actually. She should wake up soon."

You felt a wave of relief washing over you after she said this.

"I'll leave you two alone now. Call me if you need anything."

You nodded again and pulled up a chair next to the bed. You sat down and looked at Hange.

"I'm so sorry Hange, if I had made it in time you wouldn't be hurt. It's my fault you're laying here."

You stayed a few minutes silence and looked to the floor, but when you heard a groan your head shoot back up and you saw Hange opening her eyes. She rubbed her forehead and groaned again.

"Ugh, where the fuck am I?"

"Hange!!" You exclaimed.

She turned around, but you were already launching yourself onto her. "I'm so sorry."

She was surprised, but relaxed after a while. "Wow, someone missed me." She chuckled and hugged you back.

"Wait, how long have I been out?"

You pulled back and wiped your eyes. "A few hours..."

"Naww, and you're crying like I just died, newbie."

"Oh, shut up. You scared the shit out of me, you know that?!"

"Nooo..., but I'm fine now."

You pulled her back into a hug, which she returned immediately. "I'm so glad you're okay." She patted your back and laughed.

"Yeah, I'm glad too."

You two pulled away and she looked at you in a weird way.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked and she smirked.