𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

So tomorrow you all will be divided into squads, huh? You were curious about that, what squad is Levi in?

"That's it. Eat up and then return back to your rooms."

You turned your attention from Erwin back to Eren and the others. "And, are you excited?" You asked them to start a conversation.

"I'm already in a squad,..." Eren said.

"You are?" You raised an eyebrow. 'He is?'

"Yeah, Captain Levi's squad. It's pretty cool there-."

"Levi's squad? Captain?!" You were totally confused, Levi was a Captain and a squad leader? 'Oh no, what if I get assigned to him? Would he even want that?'

"Mhm, but don't ask me how he got the title. Why can't I be a squad leader, I mean look how great I am!"

You couldn't hold your laugher, Armin joint soon after you, while Mikasa shook her head with a little smile.

"What? Why are you- Hey!"

-

You were laying in your bed, moving back and forth, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. That went on for a couple of minutes, until you gave up. So now you were laying on your back, looking up at the ceiling. You sighed heavily and rubbed the tiredness out of your eyes. You couldn't sleep, too many thoughts flowed through your head.

'I just can't get him out of my head.'

Levi ran free in your head 24/7. You couldn't stop thinking about him. And you still haven't seen Isabel and Furlan, which worried you. You let your legs dangle from the bed, before you finally stood up. You needed some air to clear your head. And so you left your room. 'Now where to?' You didn't knew where you were going, that was until you saw stairs that leaded to the roof.

'A rooftop, huh?' You shrugged your shoulders. 'Well, better then nothing.'

You walked up the stairs and looked if the door was locked, thankfully it wasn't. You looked over your shoulder to make sure nobody was there and slipped through the door. Immediately the cold wind hit your face. It was a large area but most importantly, it was quiet, exactly what you needed.

You took a deep breath through your nose and let it out through your mouth. You sat down on the cold, stone floor, pulled your knees up to your chest and put your head in your folded arms. It wasn't long until you started to tremble and hot tears ran down your cheeks. You took a shaky breath, trying to get the lump in your throat away, but it turned into a sob.

You had no idea what you were doing here. 'Why don't I just run away?' Everyone made it pretty clear that they don't want you here, with a few exceptions like; Hange, she was nice to you from the start. Just like Eren, Mikasa and Armin. Erwin said he made the right choice. But did he really? You couldn't help but wonder. At this point you were a sobbing mess, curled up in a tight ball.

"C-can't he think of a b-better way to avoid me? I don't e-even know what I did wrong. W-why does it hurt do much? Fuck you, Levi."

You lifted your head to look into the sky, you never got to see the stars, they were beautiful. More tears came out of your eyes.

"W-when you hate me that much, just fucking tell me in the face." You sobbed out.

"I don't hate you,-"

You flinched and turned around quickly, your breath caught in your throat as you saw who stood there.

"L-Levi?"

"-how could I?"

He stood in the doorway, he didn't looked so good. His hair were disheveled, his lips were trembling and his eyes were red.