𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Eren, Mikasa, Armin and you walked to your rooms, you got the rest of the day off so you could do whatever you wanted. Eren wouldn't stop talking about how happy he was. "I'm so glad you all came into Levi's squad, this is going to be so cool!"

"I think, you're happier than us about it." You said with a smile.

"Well, of course! Do you even know what that means? It means we get to go on expeditions together! It's more fun like that."

You shook your head, laughing at his behavior. 'This kind of reminds me of Isabel, she was always such a child in her head... okay bad timing to think about it.' You first came to your room, you turned around and pointed to your door with your thumb.

"Alright guys, I'm in my room, if you need me."

"Don't you want to come with us? We wanted to head out for a bit?"

"Nah, I'm just gonna hit the pillow. I didn't slept well last night."

They nodded understandably and hugged you goodbye.

"Okay then, make sure you get some sleep."

You pulled away and smiled, waving them before you went inside your room. You throw yourself on the bed and closed your eyes.

'Just a quick nap...'

-

You woke up to a knock on the door. 'Who's this?' Groaning, you pushed yourself off the bed and went to the door. As you opened it you saw Armin, Mikasa and Eren standing in the doorway. You rubbed the sleep out of your eyes and yawned.

"Guys? What are you doing here?"

"Hi, we wanted to pick you up."

You looked at them confused and narrowed your eyebrows. "Pick..me up? For what?"

"Because you're late for dinner. We were concerned that you didn't show up, so we came to check on you."

"What?!"

'Oh shit, I slept that long?'

You facepalmed yourself and ran a hand through your hair. You held a finger up.

"Give me 5 minutes."

They nodded and you rushed back inside, into the bathroom to splash water in your face to wake up. You did your hair quickly and straighten your uniform. 'Luckily I left them on.' When you were finished you went out of your room again, except this time you were ready to go, to see your friends waiting for you.

"Thanks for checking on me."

Eren swung his arm around your shoulder as you walked and smiled brightly.

"Of course, that's what friends are for."

-

You sat down, but this time at the table Levi's squad was sitting at. You felt his eyes literally burning into your soul and turned to him.

"Sorry, I lost track of time. It won't happen again."

He nodded and sipped his tea, holding the cup in his strange way. 'So he still holds his cup like that?' Seeing this made you smile and thinking about the time you were still in the underground, one time he told you why he held it that way. He said that he once dropped his favorite cup and was so sad about it, that he didn't wanted it to happen again. You remembered how hard you laughed your ass off.

You averted your gaze from him and scanned over the table, there were a lot of other people. Four of them looked a bit older then the rest of you. "Hey," you turned around and looked at a boy with light ash-brown hair. "what's your name?"