𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

(F/n) - First name
(L/n) - Last name
(H/c) - Hair color
(H/l) - Hair length
(E/c) - Eye color
(Y/n) - Your name
________________________________

It was a day like every other day in the Underground.— Oh, how you wished it was.

You began your daily morning routine, you did your hair, brushed your teeth and changed into your normal clothes, a black sweater and grey sweatpants. You made your way to the kitchen only to be greeted by your mom, who was making breakfast.

"Morning, Baby!"

"Morning."

You walked up to her and kissed her cheek before you sat down. A few minutes later your dad came into the kitchen, already in his work clothes. He came up to you and gave you a kiss on the forehead.

"Morning, hun."

"Morning, dad."

Mom placed your plate in front of you and you dived in almost immediately. "Woah, someone's hungry." Mom said with a chuckle as she sat down. "Did you sleep well?" Dad asked you, you just hummed and continued eating. After breakfast you helped your mom clean up. You did the dishes while she cleaned the table and the rest of the kitchen.

"Alright girls, I gotta go. See you later."

He waved you two goodbye and walked to the door, stepping out.

"Okay, bye dad. Be careful."

He stuck his head in and smiled.

"You know I always am. Bye!"

-

After the kitchen was clean and everything was put where it belonged, your mom asked you if you could grab some groceries. She gave you a note and some money. It wasn't easy to live in the Underground, but somehow you all managed it. Your family didn't have much, but it was the same with the other people here. While your father was the one, who brought the money home, your mother was the one, who took care of the house and you.

The Underground was a dangerous place, there were criminals on every corner, regardless of whether they were thieves, burglars or murderers. You couldn't stay out late without worrying that something might happen.

It was pretty late by now. 'Dad must be home already.'  You thought to yourself as you carried the bags of groceries in your hands. You hurried home since it was also time for dinner. Little did you know, that what awaited you at home would change your whole life.

-

You walked into the house and found it rather quiet, which was a bit strange. "I'm home! I brought the thing you needed mom!" You called out but it was still quiet, not a single noise could be heard. "Mom? Dad?" You put the bags on the kitchen counter and turned on the lights. 'Did they go to sleep early? No that can't be. I wonder where they are-'

"Well, look what we have here. Hello, little lady,"

You quickly turned around and what you saw left you speechless. Right in front of you stood a man, maybe in his 40s or older, covert in blood as well as a knife in his hand. You felt your breath caught in your throat and tears blurred your vision. You managed to take a few steps back so you stood behind the counter.