𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

8 years later

It had been eight years since you last saw your friends. Eight years full of loneliness. It was like you were living this hell all over again. A deja vu from your past. Ever since the Survey Corps took them with them, you've waited and hoped that one day, they would come back and get you out of this shithole so you could be together again, just the four of you.

You missed Isabel's restless manners, her smile, to you she was like the sister you never had. Same went for Furlan, he was always there for you. You especially missed Levi, you missed his kind of humor— hell even the way he would hold his teacup, just his type in general. Isabel was right, when you got to know him, he was fun to be around with. But most of all, you missed the way he would protect you all in any way he could. And sometimes you wonder;

'What if we will never see each other again?'
'And even if, do they want to see me, or have they forgotten about me?'

You couldn't help but think about all the negative thoughts. You shook your head and swung through the deserted corners of the Underground with your ODM gear. Since you were so lost in your thoughts, you didn't notice that you were being followed the whole time. Only as you snapped out of your little day dream, could you hear the similar sounds of other ODM gears.

You took a look over your shoulder and to your surprise, people with green cloaks on which the wings of freedom were, were chasing after you. 'Damn Survey Corps, they still didn't learned they lesson, huh?' Now they were after you, the ones who took your friends. A large grin spread across your face.

"This is going to be fun."

Gripping your gear tightly in your hands, you started to increase your pace. One thing you've learned in those eight years, was how to use the ODM gear properly. You swung yourself as fast as you could to get away from them. Too focused on your movements to get out of this situation, you didn't notice how one of them was approaching you from the side. And just like that you were on the ground with someone holding you down.

"Let go you dirty piece of shit!!" You gritted out and tried to free yourself, but he held both of your arms behind your back, making it impossible for you to move. You heard footsteps approaching you until they stopped right in front of you, you couldn't see who it was, due to the fact that your head was being pressed to the ground. But then whoever that person was, started to speak.

"So you must be (Y/n), am I correct?"

'Who does he think he is? That bastard!'

"How do you know my name?! And who the fuck are you!?" You said through gritted teeth, still struggling to free yourself from the man's hold. He must have seen it because the he pulled you back up, with your arms still behind your back. Finally you were able to look at the man in front of you, he was tall and had blond hair. He had thick eyebrows, like really thick.

"Oh, my bad. I am Commander Erwin Smith."

You turned your head to the side as you muttered under your breath, "Tch, more like Commander Eyebrows." only turning back when you heard him chuckle a bit.

"Okay, kidding aside, now to the real reason we're here. I want you to join the Survey Corps. You're very skilled with the ODM gear and we could really use people like you."

Your eyes twitched slightly at his request, no emotions on your face just pure disgust. You ran your tongue over your front teeth, before asking flatly.

"And why the fuck do you think I would do this?"

He looked at you, eyes piercing into yours as he smirked just the slightest bit.