SIX

CHAPTER SIX - LACE UNTIED
(05/03/21)
Edited: 24/08/2022

"My lovely readers,

Last night served up some well deserved gossip for all to hear as The Duke of Hastings is back in town, finally after months in the shadows of his fathers negligence. It is no secret that the young boy has turned into a rake, indeed. The most eligible bachelor in London's society and handsomely charming as I had originally thought.

This author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news. It seems our diamond requires a closer inspection.
As such, an even rarer jewel of only the most remarkable brilliance, fire, and luster has been unearthed. Her name, unknown to most, yet soon known to all, is Miss Marina Thompson. This author is left to wonder whether Her Majesty might reconsider the high praise she once afforded Miss Bridgerton for we all must know what the queen despises more than anything being wrong. And the drawing room at Bridgerton House currently appears to be emptier than the muddled head of her dearest King George.

It follows that Lady Featherington is to receive what she has always desired: the season's true Incomparable living under her own roof. She must be overjoyed. Is Miss Thompson so high in her instep that she's unable to don her own slippers? I should think not. Let us not forget about the pure angel that is Calista Bridgerton, she was reunited with Lord Ramsey but appears was interested in making light conversation with the Duke of Hastings in the flesh. Where one suitor is, the rest will be sure to follow.

Kind regards,
The greedy gossiper

Lady Whistledown"

The locket on her chest clung heavily onto her skin that glistened with sweet sweat as she moaned in compliance, the gentleman beneath her ravished her undergarments off, except her corset. He gently held her hips to find a rhythm that would benefit her more so than him. Finding pleasure wasn't hard, it was natural to the two lovers bound by unforgettable memories. They were too familiar with one another, one body warmed the other.

"This must not happen again." She begged, holding his shoulders as she matched his quickened pace. She felt as though she was levitating, high into the clouds. The room smelt of sinful passion as she eventually collapsed onto his chest, as he made sure to sow his seed not where it wanted nor needed to be.

She stood up, ready to dress herself in a plan gown that she had borrowed from her sister whilst she was sleeping peacefully in their shared room a few hours previously, when a hand stopped her, caressing the locks away from her next and kissed gently, in a loving tone.

"Why must this never repeat?" He asked, letting out a soft groan as his lips made contact with her shoulder.

"There is a limit on how many times one can chance their luck. We certainly don't need to repeat history." She informed him, Arthur soon gave in and helped her dress to look more suitable.

"We once were in love, how times have changed." He kissed her forehead. She weakly smiled at his words, she agreed with them. There once was a deep infatuation between the two as young teenagers however time changes and so did Calista Bridgerton.

"Not anymore, Arthur."

Thinking of the night before managed to create a blush on Calista's face that afternoon, she had enjoyed every second of intimacy even though she more likely regretted the events spent in Lord Ramsey's townhouse. Last night was never intended but the insomnia plagued her mind until she found relief and that relief was in the form of an orgasm given by her ex boyfriend.

She had snuck out of the house, keeping quiet as she paid her footman to keep quiet about her adventures in the night. Dressed in a sad attempt of a disguise, a heavy cape draped over her head shadowing her face. He hadn't expected her to knock on his front door early hours of the morning, to say he was shocked and surprised would be correct.

Yet, she found herself in his arms in a time of need and want. She guessed it was the belated need for another humans touch - not her own. She had thought about their time together, constantly. Wondering if she would ever find someone to love her the way Arthur Ramsey loved her. Maybe she was playing it safe with a familiar choice, they trusted each other, they were never going to forget one another, that was a certainty.

Keeping him close was always her forte.

He so easily gave into her every time.

"Thank heavens, there are callers at the door!" Her mother, Violet almost pranced into the drawing room to make her daughters aware of their gentlemen callers that were going to bless them.