THIRTY FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR : DAMN, ITS BRUTAL OUT HERE.
(22/06/2021)

Some could hear shouting from the Bridgerton's from miles away, the siblings in a full venomous argument minus Daphne, as unsurprisingly she had taken off for her new, wonderful adventure with her husband. Calista had warned her that the boat journey would be rough but worth it in the end, she would finally get the visit her husband's country and stay there to raise a family. One day, she could even become Queen, it was all very exciting.

No, that's not what the siblings were arguing about today, there was a mixture in the delighted topics that had all riled them up. First being the fact that Colin had finally announced to the family that he was marrying Marina Thompson. Truthfully, Calsita thought he could have sweetened his mother up first with perhaps a glass a wine and a scone but he had announced at the breakfast table that he was marrying the girl, as soon as possible.

She had gently banged her head on the table in front of her for attention purposes as their mother was stunned at the news, not one bit pleased.

"This is news. What are you thinking?" Violet asked.

"Mama, we love eachother." He had replied as plainly as he could. He had fallen for her charms and her bright personality. He would have waited to court her for longer but they needed to marry now.

"For heavens sake."

"Mama, I think you should let them marry as quick as possible. Young love and all that." Calista had lifted her head from the table and smiled widely at her mother. Anthony and Benedict glanced at their sister with a devious look, what did she know that the others didn't.

"Gregory, Hynacith, Fran- upstairs now." Anthony ordered his younger siblings.

"Here we go, buckle up boys." Calista mumbled, slightly tired as she had cried herself to sleep the night before, opting to move back home with her mother and siblings for the time being. Her eyes were less puffy and red as she had covered her depressive state up with makeup.

"Calista, you knew of this? No, you aren't marrying until the social season is over." Violet had ordered, it wasn't often she was assertive with these things.

"Well you have to let me marry her as she's already starting to show. She can't cover it up for much longer." Colin burst, telling his family how it was. His mother was being awkward considering the social season was nearly over.

Anthony frowned and Benedict bellowed out a loud amused laugh. For years, their mother had been worried about Anthony and himself and yet, it was Colin who had practiced unsafe sex.

"I'm going to be a grandmother?"

"No-" Colin had began to explain but Calista had shut him down, making sure to take control of the situation again. "Yes you are. Isn't it wonderful news. Finally your first grandchild, mama."

"Why the fuck did you not tell us?" Anthony asked. He was shocked that his brother never told him, slightly disappointed.

"Oh please, like you can talk. Mama, your lovely Anthony is courting Prince Augusta in secret and that's no all. She wants to marry Anthony and make him god damn King. What an absolute scandal." Benedict blurted out as Anthony looked at his brother with pleading eyes.

"Anthony Bridgerton." Their mother lowly spoke, did she know any of her children at all?

"Mama, aren't we even going to question Calsita's return? Whistledown is probably one step away from reporting Simon leaving town this morning without her."

"Oh yeah, that's what to do. Take the heat off yourself and put it all on me. I can handle Whistledown, when have I ever let her bother me before?" Calista glared at her eldest brother.

"Yeah, you just get precious Arthur to cover things up for you. Is this what you'll do with everything? Run to Arthur?" Anthony rolled his eyes. The siblings weren't holding back today.

"Let's not even bring Arthur isn't this. He took care of the Berbrooke situation and he done it bloody good. It was better than you suggesting a dual." Calista argued. She could depend on Arthur, she always could. The bond between them would never break, she had once called him her soulmate but that relationship had moulded into being friends for life. Anthony was quick to forget that Calista often solved issues in the family, she often created them too as he liked to point out.

"Don't tell me you had Arthur kill that man." Violet gasped.

"Mama, would you look at the bigger picture please. Daphne is a fucking Princess, I think you should be thanking Arthur." Calista huffed.

"Do I even know any of my children anymore?" Violet sat down at the seat beside the fireplace, thinking about how secretive her children grew up to be. She should have expected it, they were are very bold personalities which wasn't a bad thing. She loved all her children, sometimes she just wished they still needed her.

"Mama, here's the truth. Marina is carrying a child who isn't Colin's but they love eachother anyway so you'll just have to accept it, deal with it and treat the baby with respect and love. Anthony, man up. You've found a woman, a good one at that who wants you to take part in royal duties. Marry her for god sake if you love her. I'm back living here because my marriage with my husband is slowly crumbling down to absolutely nothing. He never wants kids. And now, it's all fucked up into the air. Having a break will be good for us." Calista stood up, running out of breath as she was mad as hell, she couldn't blame anyone else, she was angry at herself.

She had returned home two nights ago, not a tear in sight as she was ready to pretend everything was normal. Her family noticed that she hadn't spoken about Simon, Calista was trying her hardest not to think about her failing marriage. There was a knock at the door as Humbolt came through with a Lord Ramsey behind him.

"Are you ready for lunch, Cal?"

"Yes, just let me grab me coat." She smiled as she got up and her whole family started at her.

"Oh bloody hell, please contain the testosterone in this room. I'm not his fucking mistress." She snapped, walking out of the room.

This is RUSHED.
Hope you enjoy loves x