EXTRA SCENE

everything was right in the world
(16/05/2022)

The married couple were happy, they would forever be loved up, they worshipped each other and in a society where men looked to women as breeding stick- this was a rare find. Sure, they had their fair shares of troubles but who didn't? They had been through a lot in such little time but in the end, they had came back to one another.

After everything that had happened regarding Lady Whistledown aka the cunning Penelope Featherington exploiting each and everyone in society with their own hidden secrets, Simon and Calista had decided to move to the countryside permanently. It wasn't a daft idea, she was still her confident self but the gossip sheet had tarnished her reputation quite a bit but rather her name be tarnished than her brother, it was only natural that she protected her twin, Colin.

She was glad that it never effected her sisters.

What more could the couple have wanted, they had each other, of course, Simon would become more and more busy with his Duke duties which left Calista in the comfort of her own home with her maids. She also had duties although she often found it difficult to keep up with them, was she made for paperwork? Rules and regulations? The answer was a simple no. She had become almost a scatterbrained within the last few weeks, the heat was getting to her, luckily for her it would soon be autumn which was a blessing. No more balls until next Summer.

Had she grown within the time she had married Simon? She could only assume so, she believed she was mature when she was away from society yet she often doubted herself. Everything that had happened to her, made her who she was.

Being so in love with her husband made it difficult to think straight most times, their intimacy unlike anything described in books. She had a hunger for his closeness, his touch and his affection and that would never change- even in the time they had fallen out, she still wanted him, she craved his love.

Time had flown by. So much that she hadn't realised she never bled. It wasn't until she felt nauseated, she began to click.

She was pregnant. She had a small tiny baby growing in her womb.

When she had first figured it out, she had gasped and attempted to calm herself down but excitement flooded through her veins. Their family was beginning to grow

Simon had been working through paperwork, as he usually spent his afternoons without Calista by his side. They both liked their routine of waking up together in the mornings, doing their own thing and then making sure they dined with one another.

She didn't think twice before running through their large home which would soon become a crowded house with the sound of sweet children laughing, a maid had quickly asked her what was wrong as she just giggled, completely set on finding Simon. She had found him, hidden away in his office with a hand on his forehead as the stress would sometimes get to him.

"My love." She announced, completely out of breath as she stood there with a smile on her face, trying to catch her breathe back.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Why are you running?" He quickly stood up and approached her with a concerned look, nervous for her answer.

"It's happened" she smiled.

"I'm with child." She added and his eyes softened. His face lit up, it was a wholesome sight for Calista to watch her husbands face light up with glee and adoration. He leaned in to her with a smile as he lightly kissed her lips.

With a hand on her stomach, he dropped to his knees and spoke softly to her flat stomach that would quickly grow large and round as she housed their first born.

"I'm going to love you so much, little baby."