EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE
(07/07/2021)

Spring, a beautiful season to be loved by many. The grass still dewy with the overnight rain, the flowers beginning to start their blossoming journey and new life was the main event in the Bassett household. It soon would be time for a new baby to bless the family made up of four, already.

She waddled, attempting to hold her swollen stomach that was growing a beautiful and healthy baby. Small hands gently tugged on hers as she gave a tired smile, looking down at her son.

She headed outside with the toddler two steps in front of her, too excited and caught up in the colours of the sunrise to listen to his mama.

"Briar, look at dada." She pointed to the man of her dreams playing catch with their oldest child. The toddler suddenly shouted out to her dada, quickly running in their direction. She was glad they had decided to raise their children in the countryside, this was meant to be. She wasn't worried about traffic or the thriving city of London, it was peaceful to raise two, soon to be three children.

She fell pregnant, almost, straight away after they began to try for a baby which brought them baby Aster. The five year old boy was the spitting imagine like his father, he was turning into a handsome boy. He was a mamas boy, Simon hated to admit but he was a cheeky character, always genuinely into mischief and it was worse when him and his cousins got together at family occasions. Then came Briar, the three year old had a lot of self awareness and kept Calista on her toes. He had latched onto his big brother and they were the best of siblings, only being a few years apart.

They had decided to keep family traditions apart of their family, alphabetical baby names was apart of Calsita's world. She was glad that Simon had suggested such tradition as she loved the idea. She had hoped baby number was a girl, wanting to dress her up in pretty dresses, a fashion icon truly from heart.

"My love, you should be in bed rest." Simon approached his family, watching Aster and Briar giggle as they each clung onto their fathers leg with amusement.

"Nonsense, I wouldn't miss this for the world." She reached over to gently kiss his lips and Aster grimaced at the sight of affection from his parents. Calista giggled at the high pitched ew that left his mouth.

"And how is my sweet Cassia?" He touched her swollen stomach with pride and joy, the name had become more than idea after Calista's constant craving from spice. Am odd craving but Simon fulfilled it with daily trips to the market.

Yes, they were happy. Everything was perfect and to think it all began with a silly ruse.

THE END

Omg, Calista is officially fInished, I can't believe it. Thank you for everyone who has read this, voted and commented. I write as a way to destress myself after a long day, it's a way for me to disconnect and genuinely helps me, it's my hobby and it's my muse.

🤍🌙