Chapter 18

NATHAN

The next hour passed with her voice ringing loudly throughout the bedroom.
When we were done, I noticed her looking at me.
She knew I was satisfied with what I've done.

"Was it that good you can't talk?" I told her while smiling.

It was then, she lowered her gaze and covered herself with the sheet.
She shook her hair and leaned her body against the back of the bed.
She said nothing.

N- Just because I don't react, doesn't mean I didn't notice.

E- Sometimes it's better to react with no reaction..

N- Eva, if you regretted it you mustn't be ashamed to say it. I might have rushed to make such a move. I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable..

E- No, Nathan.. It's me I'm sorry for the way I am acting right now.. You didn't do anything wrong, plus I wanted it..

N- Are you still thinking about Ross?

E- He called me cupcake..

N- He did what?

E- I mean.. I know he's kinda.. Uhmm.. OKAY, SOMETIMES HE SCARES ME TO DEATH..

N- Eva..

"HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO WORK AT HIS COMPANY WHEN HE.. HE.. UHH, I HATE WHEN PEOPLE THROW THEMSELVES ON ME!" she screamed interrupting me.

I put my hands on her face and her hair behind her ears.
I came closer to her and looked straight into her eyes.

"Eva listen to me.." I said in a calming voice.

N- Regardless of what happened between us, I give you my word that I will do everything that I can to make him stop bothering you. I know you need to keep your job, and I also understand that you want to be independent. But you have to understand that Dax is a dangerous man. If you continue working for him, you must be able to deal with everything.

E- Wha..What do you mean?

N- What I mean is, he's capable of everything. He won't hesitate to do even the worst. It's the way he is. That's him. That's what he's doing all the time. I can make clear you wanna see the good in all of us, Eva. I get it, and believe me it's really nice that someone thinks this way, it really is. But you can't photoshop personality. Especially his.

E- What has he done to you?

N- I don't want to discuss it. Whatever happened, whatever he did to me belong to the past. And because my past haunts me, I frantically try to escape from it. I will talk to you when the time comes.

E- And what will happen now?

N- It is too much to ask, but you have to trust me on this. Stay away from him as much as you can. You barely know me, I know.. We just had sex and-

"I trust you" she said while holding my hand.

E- What will happen with us?

N- I need time. We've just met, and yes we just had sex, I know... I'm interested in you from the very first moment we met. I wanna get to know you better, but I warn you I am a difficult person. You have to have patience. If you can do that, I'll be more than happy to start something with you. Anything. Even if it will be just a friendly relationship.

She smiled at me and her face lit up. She bit her lips, threw me on the pillows and went on top of me.

I already had my answer.

N- Mm, someone is a naughty girl, huh?

"Mm, Mr Queen, I think we need to have a second round.." she told me and kissed my neck.

N- Mrs King, I will make you scream my name even more this time..