Chapter 11

NATHAN 

"You're playing with fire, love" I told her and look deep into her eyes.

It's the most beautiful pair of green eyes I've ever seen

E- Looks like the Devil and I get along just fine. Don't you think?

N- Every angel needs her devil, right?

E- I guess so..

N- So half heaven, half hell?

E- Please, my life so far it's been a total hell..

N- Why so, love?

E- You know.. I left my family behind and came here to study in the University. No money at first, so many things I had to take care, failed relationships and now I have boss who's an asshole and cannot maintain his horns. Wanna hear more?

"I've gone worse than that" I replied and smiled at her. 

E- Possibly, but you never had money problems. 

N- True, but you've done fine so far. Don't let the toxic mixture of fear and laziness fuck with your goals, ambition and productivity. 

E- I've just been sick and tired of-

"You don't have to worry about what others think. Focus on yourself and keep a positive mindset. Too many people have a negative outlook. Don't allow them to bring you down." I said, interrupting her.

Ε- How did you know what I was about to say?

Ν- Well, I'm medium..

She, then, looked at me and puckered her eyebrows. We'd been looking at each other for a few seconds and then we started laughing.

Τhe last time I remember myself laughing was many years ago. I didn't expect me to laugh like that again.

N- Eva?

E- Yes, that's my name.. 

N- Thanks..

E- For doing what?

N- It seems our little conversation means more to me that you think..

E- I had a great time. But I want to make it clear.. When it comes to work you're Mr Queen. I don't know you, I've never met you and never spoken to you. Okay?

N- Okay, love. Don't worry about that. Just, please, tell Ana not to mention anything when you're at the office. I don't want Dax to know anything about me. Deal?

E- Deal. I wouldn't say anything when Dax is around, anyway.

Μy phone rang. I had a message from Mike.

"Hey man, hope everything's fine. Ana and I went to my place. I took your car, hope you don't mind. See you tomorrow. Thanks for the drink. Gn have fun with Eva. Mike"

N- Shit..

E- Let me guess.. They're gone, aren't they?