Chapter 4

EVA 

Dax got up from his chair and came towards me. His eyes scanned me. I felt very uncomfortable. I pulled my body back as much as I could, as he approched me.

He stood in front of me, and grabbed the handles of the chair with his hands. He brought his face very close to mine and with an extremely diabolical smile told me "Next time I won't be that polite to ask you so".

E- Mr Ross, I think you are..

D- I am...?

E- I think, I...

D- You...?

E- I have to go. If you don't need anything else I'd like to return to my office. I have a lot of things to take care.

D- You may leave, Eva.

E- Thank you, Mr Ross.

D- Should I pick you up tomorrow for the meeting?

E- No, sir. I'll be there on time don't worry.

D- But I don't, Eva.

I fake-smiled at him, and I walked away.

What kind of man the hell he is?! Who he thinks he is? I'm not a sex toy. 

I headed to the toilet. As soon as I entered, I threw some water on my face. I looked my reflection in the mirror and sighed. My hands were shaking. Out of fear, out of turmoil, who knows? Maybe both. His gaze hid lust. The way he approached me, made me feel like these women the only thing they know is to have sex with men like him just for the money. I would never sale my body, especially for men like Dax. Ana was right. He's the next one in line. Another asshole created to be on my black list.

Come on Eva. Come back to your senses, girl. He's just your  employer. You can handle this. You know how to put those jerks to their place. 

I walked out from the toilet, and went back to my office. Time has finally passed. That means it's time for me to go home. I grabbed my staff, and before I leave I went to find Ana. 

"Looking for me?" Ana said right behind me. 

E- Goss, you scared me to death.

A- It's one of the things you love about me.

E- I'm out of here. Wanna have a drink later?

A- Will you give me a ride before and after? My car broke down a week ago.

E- I'll pick you up at ten, okay?

A- See you later then.

I left the company as fast as I could. The day went literally crazy.

NATHAN

It's getting darker and I'm still driving. I needed to clear my mind. I wanted to spend some time alone. And, for me, that's something I do very often. I like long rides away from everyone. I want to be comfortable with being alone. Sometimes you just need to disconnect from everything externally and spend time with yourself. You know, I prefer to work hard in silence in order to let success make the noise. That's the only way to let everybody see that even if 'life' gives me a hundred reasons to break down, I'll show 'life' I have a hundred ways to stay strong. Α friendly piece of advice that accompanies me most of my life is to always trust my gut. If I ever feel something wrong, that's because it usually is. Let's just say that gut feelings are something like guardian angels. Never ignore your first instict just because it isn't what you want to believe. 

I my phone rang.

N- Queen.

M(ike)- Seriously, man?

N- Hey, bro.

M- Really Nathan? What the hell?

N- What's the matter Mike?

M- You forgot your brothers birthday, that's the matter.

N- I didn't forget your birthday, Mike. I'm actually on my way to your home. I'm picking you up for some shots.

M- Where?

N- Pioneers's.

M- Now we're talking.

N- Shut up and get dress, I'll be there in 20.

I hunged up the phone and smiled. 

Mike is my one-year-younger brother. It is really strange we have absolutely nothing in common. It doesn't matter, we don't choose our family. After all he's the only one who's still by my side. And it happens to be the only I feel comfortable to talk about issues of greater importance. 

As soon as I arrived at my brother's house, I called Tyler while I was waiting for him.

T- Hello, Mr Queen.

N- Did you find anything?

T- Not much, Mr Queen. But I'm still in search.

N- I want everything you gathered to be in a file, in my email list. Details tomorrow at the office.

T- As you wish, Mr Queen. Have a nice evening.

By the time I put my phone back to my pocket, my brother desided to show up. 

N- Finally! What took you so logn?

M- Shut the fuck up and drive. I wanna get drunk tonight, bro.

I smiled and stared the car. A while later, we arrived at the bar. We entered the bar, and what I saw took my breath away.

I saw Eva in a tiny black dress. Her body was a piece of art. Her eyes were shining like diamonds among the lights. Her long black hair was like whips ready to swat everyone around her.