Chapter 22

NATHAN

N- Look at me..

She listened to me and did what I said.

N- It's too early to say that, but I feel alive when I'm with you. I've been dead for so many years, and now you're giving me a reason to live again.

E- But.. You barely know me..

N- I know, but it's what I feel. And I know it's real.. Please, Eva.. Be strong, I cannot stand seeing you in this mess.. You have to be strong for...

"For?" she asked me politely.

N- For me. Because, I want you to give me a chance. I want you to let me know you better. I want to be with you, and I want to do it right. Please, I can't let you leave. Not now that I found you, Eva, please.

She hugged me and a "I won't leave" sounded from her mouth.

I felt a relief.

E- I want to know..

N- I'll tell you, I promise, but not now..

E- Nathan..

N- I promise, Eva, I promise.. But not right now.. Try to understand, love, please..

E- I know.. You're right.. But, please, Nathan.. I want to know.. Not just because I look like her.. If your past is after me, I want to know.. I need to know.. I must know..

N- You have my word, love..

E- Okay.. What are we gonna do now?

N- Get dressed..

E- What? Why-

"You're going to my place" I said while calling Mike.

E- But-

"No buts. Go get dressed, love, you're not safe here." I told her.

Eva headed to her room, to take her stuff.

Com'on, Mike.. Where are you.. Come on.. Pick up..

I called him again.. and again.. and again.

I couldn't find Mike on the phone, and that's something that made me anxious.

I called Ana right away..

"You have called Ana. Leave a message after the shound.."

N- Ana, it's Nathan.. Where are you? I've called Mike so many times. Are you with him? Are you all right? Call me, Ana, please..

E- Nathan, I'm ready..

N- Give me a minute, love, okay?

E- Okay..

N- I'm calling Tyler.. Try to give a call to Ana.. I tried but..