Chapter 6

EVA

I took the clothes from Todd's hand and went behind the bar to change.

You can't name them 'clothes'. There are more like undrerwears rather than colthes. Todd, I swear next time I'm having a drink here... you're dead!

I put them on, and went to the pole stele. I took a deep breath, I signaled to Todd and waited for the Dj to pick a suitable song.

Here you go, Eva. You've got this. Close your eyes and dance. Remember: dance first, think later.

I took my shoes off and grabbed the stele with my hands. I took a pose, I looked at Todd and Ana and then I started to dance.

NATHAN

Even if I was celabrating my brother's birthday, my mind was running elsewhere. It always does. I've gone through hell to become a successful bussinessman. But there are times that make clear to me I won't be able to be as I used to be in the past. I know working hard is important, but there's something that matters more: being yourself. I cannot be myself again. If I attened to, I'll end up manipulated. You mustn't let anyone define your limits. Your only limit is your soul. In my case, what's left from it. I gotta let go of the past, because it just doesn't matter! The only thing that truelly matters, is what I choose to be right now.

"Wow, man. I didn't know your friend can dance like that" Mike said while drinking.

N- My what?

Μ- The blackhead girl you told me earlier.

N- Yeah, what about her?

"Look over there, bro." my brother told me, pointing at her.

I turned my head, and saw her dancing on the stele.

Fuck. She's deffinitely going to be the end of me.

Her body was so flexible. She moved her limbs like silk ribbons. She was so sure of her movements. In the sight of her, everything seemed to be insignificant. As long as she was dancing, I tried to stay as deadpan as possible. I was watching her so carefully. I'd been staring at her eyes all the time. These big and expressive eyes of hers that hide so much strength and so much passion in them. The fire she has in her veins, embers in her eyes. That fire that's ready to burn everything dow. That fire that's ready to burn me down.

Μ- Speechless, eh?

N- Kinda...

Ι drank my drink at one gulp.

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. Me? I'm a monster. Her? She's an angel. She has a galaxy in her eyes and a universe in her mind. And guess what? I'm going to discover both.

M- Go talk to her, idiot.

N- Shut up! She's dancing.

M- After the dance.

N- Shut up, I said!

M- Earth to Nathan.. Man, are you okay?