XXI

Jimin would sleep again.

Because he didn't want to mindlessly worry about his surroundings.

But he couldn't, because now he struggled with recalling what exactly he had 'dreamt' about.

Or been dreaming about.

And it was no better for Taehyung to lay in bed next to him.

It rose some bother within Jimin, who finally went to ask about it.

"Why are you laying with me?" Jimin tugged at the covers which struggled to move beneath Taehyung.

But Taehyung wasn't going to do anything. Jimin did not need to worry.

Jimin was always panic-stricken though, so nothing much would limit that.

"Well you started to make noises, so I thought it would be nice for you to open your eyes with someone to... Comfort you." Taehyung had his hand tucked under his head, shuffling to find himself able to see Jimin.

Not that there was much to see. He just wanted to validate himself and what he was concerned about.

Jimin's feelings.

"I don't want your comfort." Jimin rustled around, pulling even harder at the sheets.

In which Taehyung lifted himself so Jimin could finally pull the blanket to cover him.

The denial was hurtful, but it was also tinted with a pitiful fib.

So Taehyung didn't let it trouble him.

"Well you seem shaken enough." He shrugged, pulling his head from the pillow.

Jimin was alarmed, still quivering and attempting to hide away.

Jimin was almost fully aware of what he had dreamed of when he first woke up.

But those dreams always seemed to depart from his memory.

Jimin didn't know the reason why, but Taehyung seemingly did.

"I don't even remember what I dreamt." Jimin did not want Taehyung to find himself too sure of Jimin's fright if Jimin didn't even know himself.

It would have seemed unreasonable.

But it was disappointing.

That he didn't remember.

"...Oh. Past tense. Hmm." Taehyung thought he had gotten somewhere.

The horrid mumbles that sounded from Jimin's room almost gave a sure notice of his remembering.

Guess not.

"Sorry." Jimin flipped over.

Taehyung would think that his relentless self-harm would have resulted in something more for himself.

He was supposed to give, and then receive.

Maybe Jimin had seen enough of his gore.

Or the slightness of it.

"Could you sleep in your own room?" Jimin spoke between his pillow and his hand.

It was very frank and slightly off topic, but Jimin asked anyhow.

Taehyung really didn't want to leave. He was already comfortable, it would be selfish for Jimin to force him out.

"Well I own the home. This is technically my room." Taehyung couldn't drag himself from responding with a snarky remark.