VI

Jimin happily walked around without the need for counting anymore.

Though, he had not been too happy to find the streetlights on and the sun set below the horizon.

Because he was fucking lost.

His anxiety may have been meant to be appeased by his OCD, yet it had been the cause of his witless wandering.

What had not helped was the seemingly dull effect of his medication. His schizophrenia was worse and was not getting any better.

And now he had no checkpoints and no direction to get home.

Damn Taehyung. He knew he had been peculiar and raged enough to want to lose Jimin.

And Jimin fell for it, he was gullible.

But he was so scared. He could not stop turning around to look if anyone had been watching or following him.

He even thought that a fire hydrant had been someone crouched over trying to hide.

He walked faster, threatened by absolutely nothing.

He didn't know that.

Nevertheless, he startled himself entirely whenever he tripped over an undefined object.

It had been unnoticed until a small mewl fell from it.

A cat.

To Jimin, this was better than walking alone paranoid, clutching at his chest from the growing fear.

"Oh hi!" He smiled, kneeling down to the feline.

The cat must have gotten his stripes dyed a mintish blue, Jimin finding the colored pattern slightly odd.

The blue eyes had almost left Jimin to mistake himself as deeming the entire thing as another illusion.

It seemed fictional. Not that Jimin wasn't used to it.

He was used to it.

"Oh my fucking goodness." He stood, the cat rubbing softly at his leg whenever he continued to slow his breathing.

He had an imagination that had tripped past his conscious. He just couldn't fucking remember it.

It was good though, that he could remember that there had been anything at all.

Jimin found nostalgia in the cat's color.

Now he needs to find where it came from.

The cat started to walk away, Jimin frowning once it did.

"Wait, I didn't mean to startle you! Please, I don't want to be alone." Jimin whined following it.

It couldn't talk, but Jimin needed the interaction anyhow.

The cat started to run, Jimin running after it.

He just didn't want to be by himself anymore.

The cat was fast and ended up running too far away for Jimin to catch up.

But the cat stopped and waited.

"Oh, hello again." He breathed heavily, bending over to greet the feline once he met it again.

And dammit, it ran off.

"Fuck!" He swore chasing after it.

His knees would have caved in if he didn't work so hard in physical therapy at the asylum.

The cat ran slower, to a point where Jimin kept a subtle jog.

And it had only hit him when the cat stopped again that he was home.