XXIII

Go home Jimin. Home to Wonderland.

Jimin kept himself safely behind Taehyung whenever he followed him home.

It was a balance between dismay and the lack of any hazard between him and Taehyung.

But Taehyung seemed to be in the right mindset.

No sadistic intent.

He must be, because he admitted to the altercation with the Hatter.

Which he never would have if he were the Hatter himself.

"Do you know where you heard of the Hatter before Jimin?" Taehyung walked slower to the street that the home had been on.

He wanted Jimin to be closer than he had been, but he also wanted Jimin to do whatever made him the most comfortable.

"Yoongi said something about it." Jimin tucked his head to the side, his words wandering further away from Taehyung's hearing.

"Is that all?" Taehyung understood regardless, already use to Jimin's incoherence.

"Mhm." Jimin nodded.

"Okay."

And Taehyung did not belittle Jimin for anything.

Jimin knew there should have been more of a reason for him to remember the name.

Maybe it was dream.

Jimin couldn't remember that either.

Taehyung stopped, which bemused Jimin who looked up to find them home.

Taehyung pushed open the door, waving his hand back for Jimin to go before him.

Jimin shook his head.

"I'm right behind you. I won't run. I promise." Jimin nodded again, biting down at his lip to shrivel back away from Taehyung.

To which Taehyung smiled.

"I trust you Jimin." And he followed into their home.

Jimin waited until Taehyung wandered far into the house before stepping in, as promised, and locking the front door behind him.

"It's quiet." Jimin found it disappointing, because the silence made any interaction with Taehyung more eerie and unwanted.

"It's late. Everyone is asleep." Taehyung held out his hand to gesture for the return of his jacket.

"I have bandages." Was Taehyung's reason, finding the aid of the object better than the item of clothing.

Jimin untied the bloodied jacket, handing it back to Taehyung.

Taehyung set the clothing down, reaching out for Jimin's arm.

Jimin flinched away.

"Let me help you-"

"You've helped enough." Jimin's candid response almost upset Taehyung.

It was diminishing.

Jimin had not meant for it to be. He was simply being honest, and hoped for Taehyung to be mindful of that and let him alone.

"Okay." Taehyung set the bandages onto the counter, stepping away.

Jimin looked between the item and Taehyung before stumbling to acquire the bandages and begin to wrap his own arm.

Taehyung watched.

Jimin did not like that.

"Can yo-"