XII

Jimin did not leave the room.

For days.

Taehyung still fed him. He slid plates of food beneath the door everyday.

And offered him tea each time.

To which Jimin refused.

Jimin would often find himself looking for Taehyung's hand whenever he was given the food.

To evaluate its appearance.

He only saw the hand once whenever Jimin forgot to lock his door and Taehyung pushed it open.

And Jimin jammed Taehyung's fingers whenever he ran to slam the door closed.

Taehyung forgave him. He didn't even seem upset.

Jimin felt safe now. Taehyung has yet to hurt him. He hasn't.

Excluding the mental abuse.

Jimin heard the timely knock for Taehyung to announce that he had brought him the food.

He stood, shuffling over to pull open the door.

Jimin looked down to Taehyung's feet whenever the door skimmed past his foot.

Taehyung was surprised that he had finally been able to hand Jimin the food, rather than passing it beneath the door.

Jimin progressively looked up to analyze the hand that held his plate of food, and the other that sat at Taehyung's side.

"Afternoon." Taehyung gestured backwards.

He was the one that stepped away.

Jimin looked up entirely.

Taehyung looked normal. Pieced together, just as Jimin did himself.

"Do you have something you want to ask?" Taehyung rested his arm slightly, finding that Jimin had forgotten about the food.

He actually didn't.

He just chose to ignore it

"...You look fully covered." Jimin huffed whenever he admitted indefinitely that he had noticed Taehyung's previous gore.

"What, was I supposed to present the food to you nude?"

Taehyung would not admit it.

And Jimin was not that mental. He did not hallucinate.

"Taehyung your hand was stripped to bone. I saw it." Jimin closed the door behind him.

He walked up to Taehyung to finally accept the food and place it down onto a table.

"Was it? Hmm. Strange." Taehyung followed, shrugging to find the perusal inconvenient.

"Why? How? I know it was real Taehyung, and I deserve an affordable answer." Jimin was distant and naive enough to impulsively make the demand.

In which he did not deserve an answer.

"Really? After you promised not to remember, I don't think I owe you anything other than a roof over your head, and food on a plate. Even that is unjust." Taehyung scoffed.

It was idiocy and greed. Jimin just wanted and wanted.

But never managed to give.

"You made me!" Jimin whined, crossing his arms at the retort.

"I did not. I just asked for your promise. You gave your answer."

Which was true. Taehyung found himself in a safe position for their argument.