Chapter 17

-little time skip-

Leah

"Hey auntie Leah and auntie Jordan!" Taytum yelled, when we walked into the lounge room after training.

"Hey Taytum, what are you doing?" I asked, sliding into the couch next to her. While Jordan sat down on the other side of her.

"Making a list for my birthday!" The almost 4 years old squealed, waving the list in front of my face. "Aw that's cute T, want some help?"

The little girl looked up and nodded vigorously, as she climbed into my lap.

"Let's see what you have already." I said, as Taytum held out the list in her little hands. I lifted the list up and tried to read the little girls writing.

I rested my head on Taytum's shoulder and squinted my eyes. "Hm, okay....so you want, an Elsa princess bed, to go to Disney-world and a new pair of cleats. Aw, that's cute."

"Okay Tay, what else?" Jordan asked, reaching for the pencil on the table. "I want a baby sister." Taytum said seriously.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"I want a sister, so we can play football and sing and dance and watch Frozen together!" She rambled, waving her arms around animatedly.

Jordan snapped her head up and looked at my before turning to the hallway, yelling.

"DVD, get your butt in here now!" Jordan's voice echoed through the hall, causing Daan to jump up from her seat in the diner room and run towards the lounge room.

"What's happened? Is Taytum okay?" Daan asked in panic.

"Daan, breathe, she's fine." Jordan replied, laughing and placing a hand on her teammates shoulder. "What's all the shouting about then?" Daan replied confused, making Jordan laugh.

"Taytum tell Mommy what you want for your birthday." I said.

"A baby sister!" The mini DVD squealed.

"Oh jeez." Was all that Daan replied, running her fingers through her hair nervously, causing Jordan and me to laugh at her.

"How can I explain this?" The brunette murmured, looking at us for a solution.

"Taytum, we can't give you a baby sister for your birthday." Daan tried, stifling her laughter. "bu-but why can't you bring me one?" She quizzed, before looking up to Daan.

"Mommy? Where do baby's come from?" Daan's face was a picture of shock, and Jordan burst out laughing again, causing me to smack her arm.

"It's not a laughing matter Nobbs, she's 3 years old for crying out loud!"

"I'll sort this." I replied.

"Taytum, go ask your Mama and auntie Lisa where babies come from." I continued putting my hand on your little girls shoulder, encouraging her to the dinner room, where everyone else was.

"Go T!" screamed Jordan, when Taytum ran away.

Beth

Lisa and I were having a little conversation, when we heard tiny footsteps approaching. A few seconds later we saw Taytum running into the dinner room.

"Hey princess..." I cooed as Taytum climbed up onto my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me tight.

"Hi Mama and auntie Lisa." She said.

"Hi there miss Taytum, are you okay sunshine?" Lisa replied. My daughter nodded quickly and rested her head against my shoulder.

A few minutes later, she looked up intently at me. Causing me to turn my attention away from the conversation, who went on, and look down to her little form. "Mama?"