Chapter 27

Beth

The first weeks were tough, not just seeing them like this.

But also because we were not allowed to hold them for a longer period of time.

Even though it was harder for Daan, because she still felt guilty, she started to accept it more and more.

Everyone, our friends and I of course saw her enjoying being with the twins.

A few days after the babies were born, Daan was allowed to go home.

Which she was very happy about because she doesn't like the hospital at all.

But also because she could spend much more time with Taytum.

We went to the hospital twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

We stayed there for a few hours, we changed them.  And sometimes held them.

Since last week we were allowed to start giving Riley a bottle.

She first got milk through a tube in her nose, just like Elynn still does now.

Danielle really liked it, in the beginning she was a bit scared, she thought she wouldn't do well.

But after a few minutes, she relaxed and got a smile on her face.

I smirked, "See, I told you."

"I love them so much!" Said Daan, smiling with pure joy.

It went like this till Riley finally was allowed to go home.

-

"Mommy?" asked Taytum, sitting in the living room together with Daan.

Daan looked up from her phone, "Yes Baby?"

"No more goodnight kisses, to my sissy's on belly?"

Daan nodded, "That's right, they are here now. Elynn is not home jet, but Riley is. We brought her home earlier today. She is with Mama right now. Do you want to go to them?"

Without answering Daan's question, Taytum runs to the twins their bedroom.

"Hi Mama, I want to give Riley kisses." Squealed Taytum.

I chuckled, "That's alright, go ahead."

She smiled at me and softly kissed her little sister's forehead.

Then she walked towards me, climbed on the bed, and jumped. I caught her and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"That was sweet princess," I said, still adoring her.

Taytum didn't reply, instead, she just hugged me. "We have a surprise for you." I whispered in her ear.

-

Daan

"Alright baby, how about some yummy noodles for dinner?" I asked, seeing as Taytum had settled down a bit.

She spent almost a half hour running around new room, jumping on the beds and pulling out all of their new toys.

Beth and I planned on giving Taytum a new bedroom, we had it finished before the twins were born. But we waited a little longer, to give it the her.

I sat back with a smile, watching out daughter act like the happy little girl she deserved to be.

I didn't minded the mess too much, I'd put up with a million messes if it meant putting those bright little smiles on Taytum her face.

"Nooooodles!" Taytum giggled, jumping up and down on her self proclaimed 'big girl bed.'

"That's right you little jumping bean! Let's order some noodles for dinner!" I laughed, picking the girl up under my arms and swinging her around a few times.

Taytum giggled loudly, bouncing happily in my arms when I held her against my chest.

"Alright, would you like to color some pretty pictures while Mama and I order dinner?" I asked, opening the drawer where we kept some of the her art supplies.

It was nothing too crazy, just some coloring books, blank paper and crayons.

"'Yellow?" Taytum asked, eyeing the crayon box I was holding.

"That's right baby! Can you point out the yellow crayon?" I asked, opening the box for the toddler to see.

The little girl sat up on her knees, peering inside the box as her small but bright eyes scanned the array of colors.

She smiled widely, picking out the yellow one and holding it up for me to see.

"Wow Baby! Great job!" I praised, sending a small smile to Beth, who was on the phone ordering takeout.

The toddler's mind almost immediately drifted onto the bright colors of the crayons, and the way they left colors on her paper when she dragged them across.

"That looks great peanut! You're such a good little artist." I cooed, Taytum squealed happily, before she went back to furiously scribbling on her paper.

"How long will it be for dinner babe?" I asked, circling my arms around Beth.

"About 30 minutes, we could get her bathed now, and watch a movie after dinner?" Beth hummed, running her hands through the little girls thin hair.

It was starting to grow in a little bit fuller, and Beth loved the tiny curls it was starting to develop.

"Sounds great, c'mon baby, it's bath time." I smiled, standing up with the toddler on her hip. We made our way to the bathroom.

Once there, Beth helped Taytum to get undressed.

Both Beth and I watched her playing with the bubbles, but we decided to talk.

Just when we started we were interrupted by Taytum's loud squeals, and the sounds of her slapping her chubby hands down onto the water where Beth had sat her.

"Is that fun? You like the bubbles?" Beth asked, scrunching her nose adorably.

I smiled, watching my girlfriend and our child play together.

I snapped out of my thoughts, grabbing the plastic cups sitting on the tubs end.

I gently began to wet down her hair, making sure to be as gentle as they could with the warm water.

Once her hair was nice and wet, Beth began to rub shampoo into it, rubbing her head softly with the pads of their fingers.

While enjoying the feeling of having their hair washed, Taytum played with the bubbles in front of them.

"Ready? Close your eyes in 3, 2, 1!" Beth said in a silly voice, watching our girl shut her eyes tightly.

"Alright princess, time to hop out now." Beth hummed, when she finished Taytum her hair.

She helped Taytum stand up and then wrapping her in a soft blue towel.

She lifted the small girl into her arms, using the ends to gently wipe at her face, watching Taytum blink the droplets from her eyelashes.

"There we go peanut, all better!" Beth cooed, wiping at her eyes before gently rubbing her nose with Taytum's.

The girl giggled, liking the way her nose tickled when her Beth rubbed it.

She crunched it adorably, crossing her eyes to look down at the wiggling thing on her face.

"Alright, it's time for dinner!" I said animatedly.