Chapter 8

Beth

We walked into the parking lot to the car. Daan opened the door so I could put Taytum in her child seat. "Thanks babe" I said with a smile. She smiled back and went to the trunk to put all the stuff in there.

I bent down and lifted Taytum to her child seat, but when I tried to put her down I noticed that she clung to me and wouldn't let go.

I straightened up and put her on my hip. She rested her head on my shoulder. A second later I felt a wet spot on my shoulder.

"What's wrong princess?" I asked as I tucked her hair behind her ears.

She clung to me even harder. And whispered something to my shoulder.

"Taytum... I can't hear you when you speak so softly." I said.

I stroked her back gently as she lifted her head.

"I-I'm..." she squeaked before she starts sobbing again.

I leaned against the car while stroking over her back again.

"Shhh, it's okay. I get it princess. But you have to go in the car, otherwise we won't get home. It's an hour's drive. So it's not that long we'll be there before you know it."

Danielle came over to the driver's side and I gave her a sad smile.

"We're just going to try again." I said when Taytum had calmed down a bit. "I could sit right next to you, is that okay?"

She nodded, but you could see her eyes that she was very scared.

I bent down and lifted her into the chair. I put on the seat belt then kissed her forehead and closed the door gently.

Danielle looked at me with a sad face. "It's okay babe"

She nodded slightly.

I walked to the other side of the car and got in, buckled up and looked at Taytum.

When I turned my head to the other side I felt her gently take my hand.

I stroked the top of her small hand with my thumb.

She looked at me.

I gave her a small smile.

Daan

I looked behind me when we were at a traffic light. Beth and Taytum were both sleeping, holding hands.

I smiled.

After a while we arrived in our street, I pulled into the driveway of our house. Parked the car and got out.

I carefully opened the door on Beth's side. I kissed her forehead as I ran my hand over her cheek.

"Wake up babe." I said softly to Beth.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. "Hi." She said with a cute smile.

"Hi." I said with a chuckle.

"I'm going to wake up Taytum, can you get the other stuff?" I questioned.

"Of course" she said when she gave me a kiss.

I walked to the other side of the car and opened the door.

"Babygirl, we are home" I said as I unbuckled her seat belt.

She slowly began to wake up. She rubbed her eyes and then opened them .

"Wome?" She questioned.

"Yes, we're home"

A small smile appeared on her face.

I lifted her out of the car and put her on my hip.

"Uh uh" said Taytum when she wanted to get out of my hands.

"Babygirl, you can't. Your ankle is in a cast, so you cannot walk yourself. "

She nodded as she looked at the house.

"Do you think you'll like it to live here?" I asked her.

She nodded again.

Beth had taken the things from the trunk and came up next to us.

"Ready?" She asked the little girl.

Taytum nodded

"Let's go then!"

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it. If you liked it let me know in the comments and vote.
If you have any ideas let me know in the comments or in dm.
Xx