Chapter 12

(last day of the national duty)

Daan

I woke up at 7 and got dressed. When I finished I walked over to Taytum's bed.

"Wake up baby." I said softly as I pulled her hair back from her face.

"Good morning mommy!" She said happily.

"Good morning baby." I replied. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes. But still tired." She replied.

"I know its early. Ready to get dressed?" I asked as I pushed aside the covers. She nodded and got out of bed.

When I dressed Taytum we walked to the hall.

"Mommy do you want to pick me up?" Taytum asked.

"No baby I can't." I replied. She glared at me, but nodded.

I opened the door and Taytum ran out. I giggled.

"Aunty Kika!" I heard Taytum yelling.

I continued walking to the elevator. There were Kika and Lieke waiting for the elevator.

"I think she is happy to see you." I said with a laugh.

Taytum hugged Kika's leg while Kika ran her hand through Taytum's hair.

When we got down we walked into the dining room. I put Taytum on a chair and walked to breakfast. I took two plates and put some food on them for us.

I returned to the table and set the plates down.

When we had finished eating, Sarina stood up.

"Good morning ladies, I hope you slept well and had a good meal. I have a few announcements for you. Firstly, I am proud of yesterday's presentation...." Sarina said.

She went on with her announcement, but I stopped listening to what she said.

"And lastly I want to see you in the meeting room in an hour." Everyone nodded.

"You can go." Everyone got up. "Danielle you will stay here for a while." I sighed and sat down again.

"We'll take Taytum with us, come when you're done." Said Lieke as she helped Taytum off her chair.

I nodded and watched everyone walk out of the room.

...

"Okay Danielle, we looked at your side last time. I'm going to do some testing now to see if it improved." I nodded and sat on the medical table.

"Okay, I'm done with the tests. It just looks like your side is quiet very bruised but you will be fine. It will also be sore though. You should take it easy with training Danielle. You shouldn't continue if it hurts is okay?" I nodded.

"Oh and if you pick up Taytum don't put her on that side." Kim said to me.

I nodded and got up.

"You are ready to go." Kim said.

I nodded again.

"Danielle." Kim said before I left the medical room. I turned around. "I know you don't like being injured and having to rest. But you're doing it for yourself."

"I know" I replied and walked away.

Kika

I go to Lieke and I's room and put Taytum down on my bed. "Kika is mommy going to be okay?" Taytum asked.

"Why do you ask sweetie?" I asked thoughtfully.

"Because she had to go to the doctor with Kim again."

I sat down next to her on the bed. "Oh. Yes mommy is fine sweetie she just in a little pain." I answerd.

"Is that why she couldn't pick me up?" She questiond.

"Yes, thats probably the reason."

"Oh, i'm sorry." Taytum said.

"Why are you sorry Taytum?" I questiond.

"Because I got mad at mommy for not picking me up. But she is hurt so she couldn't. And I got mad at her and now she is mad at me."

"Oh T it's okay and no she isn't mad at you. Mommy don't like to be injuryd." She yawned.

"Hey, mommy should be back in a little bit, how about you go to sleep since you have to stay up late today" I say. She nodded her head and got under the covers.

"Sleepwell." I said softly

Daan

"Anyone hungry?" I asked. Taytum, Jill, Jackie, Danique, Inessa and Viv all nodded their heads. We walk to Starbucks. I'm not really hungry so I'm just getting a coffee. "Mommy can I have a muffin?" Taytum questioned. "Yeah, what do you guys want?" I asked.

Everyone mentioned what they wanted and I paid. When I finished ordering we all sat down at a table.

The waitress came over with our drink. "A normal coffee?" The waitress asked. Viv raised her hand. "What is coffee" Taytum asked.

"A drink for grown ups that don't have energy" I explained. "You don't have energy Vivie?" Taytum asked.

I laugh at the nickname. "No I don't." Viv replied laughing.

Afher we had finished our food and drink we walked into a waiting area.

I'm on my phone. Taytum and Viv are talking. Everyone else is just messing around.

Flight 3182 to London now Borading. We all got on and the plane took off

(A flight later)

We did a mixture of things, read, play games, sleep, talk, look out the window or just watch a movie. Taytum is sleeping. I'm on my Ipad, just playing a game.

"Please put your trays in their up right position and turn off your devices we are about to land in 15 minutes or so and welcome to London." The Pilot said.

We all got ready for landings and like 10 mins from the ground Taytum woke up.

She started to cry. "Baby what's wrong?" I asked her.

"M-my ears hurt-t." She cried.

So close.

"It's ok baby don't cry." I tried to reassure her.

"But they hurt." she cried.

"I know, I know." I said.

I pull her into my side and try to calm her down. She stops crying but still has silent tears falling down. Right after we landed, I take her seat belt off and put her on my lap.

I rocked her, she stop crying and starts falling asleep again. We are sitting in the back so she is asleep before we get off.

"Daan is Taytum allright? I heard her crying." Jill asked.

"Yeah her ears were hurting." I replied. "Aww poor kid." Viv said.

We walk out into the airport and we get our bags.

We walk outside to our cars and we said goodbye to everyone.

Let's go home...

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it. If you liked it let me know in the comments and vote.
If you have any ideas let me know in the comments or in dm.
Xx