Chapter 7

Daan

"If you sign here, that's good, if Beth comes to sign like that, everything is complete"

I nod and picked up the pen. I put my signature on the paper.

I sat in a separate room together with Taytum her social worker. I had agreed to talk to her to adopt Taytum.

She gave me Taytum her document and everything else that mattered. I put everything in a pile and got up. Taytum her social worker also got up and we shook hands.

We walked to the door and she opened it.

"Thanks again" I said as I walked out the door.

"No problem" she said, smiling

I smiled back and walked into the hallway.

I walked down the hall.

"Mrs. van de Donk"

I turned around.

"Doctor," I said, nodding my head.

"I just wanted to come to you because I have something new to tell. Shall I just tell you now or should I walk along and tell you then?" He asked

"You may say it now" I replied.

"Taytum has trouble eating, of course, which is understandable. Since she probably didn't eat a lot of food for a long time. That's why they have to get so liquid and soft food we can give. Think yogurt, baked potato, things like that ." I nodded. "Then I have another proposal. We can keep Taytum here for about 2 more weeks, then she can go home. We can also say that she can go home today, only then you have to make sure that she takes her medicines and gets her ointment."

And a smile came on my face.

"I think she will be able to get her medicines and ointment."

"Okay, so are you ready to take her home?"

"Yes, it will be all right."

"Great, I make sure her medicines and ointment ready in the pharmacy so you can take everything with you right away."

"Thanks for everything," I said thankful.

"No problem" he said with a smile.

I laughed.

...

I sighed and opened the door.  God why am I so nervous.

"Hey" Beth said when I walked in.

"Good morning, beautiful"

"LOOK FISH!" Taytum yelled holding up a piece of paper. She drew a fish.

"That's a very nice fish," I said. "What is his name."

"Um... Swimmy," she chuckled.

"That's a ... cool name, I guess" Beth said laughing.

"I'm going to draw something else!" Taytum said enthusiastically and picked up her pencil again.

"We're going home," I said nervously.

"Okay when?" She asked. Doesn't she get it?

"I'm going to pack all the stuff now."

"Wait a minute... where is Taytum going?"

"She's going with us." I said.

"Wait what?" She asked confused.

"You have always wanted children, but you don't want to quit soccer. And there was a click from the start with Taytum. When the doctor said she had to go to a orphanage, I saw in your eyes that you didn't want her to go there . So I just got to her social worker and "Beth looked at me with disbelief in her eyes.  "And then I signed to adopt her."

"Wait is this for real?"  She asked.

"Yes this is real," I said laughing. "If you walk along then you can also can sign and then is she our daughter"

"I don't know what to say," Beth still said in disbelief.

"Shall we go?" Beth asked.

I nodded. "Babygirl?"

"Yeah?" She said still drawing.

"Beth and I are leaving for a little while and then we have a surprise, do you think you can stay here for a little while?" I asked Taytum.

"I cwan" she said.

"Okay, we'll be back before you know it" I said and kissed her forehead.

"Bwyee" she said and waved.

"Bye" said Beth and I at once.

Beth

"Yes it will be okay. So, what's her last name?"

"Van de Donk" zei ik.

"Okay, her full name is then: Taytum Amelia van de Donk"

"Great" I replied.

"You can sign here"

"Congratulations" she said with a smile on her face when I signed my signature.

I smiled back.

"Thank you" I said thankful.

"No problem. If you've questions or something, you can always call or email," she said

We nodded and walked to the door.

"Thanks babe," I said to Daan as we walked down the hall.

"No problem, beautiful" she said and took my hand.

...

"What awre we gwoing to dwo?" Taytum asked when we got back.

"Um, we adopted you. That means we're your mom's now. But you don't have to call us that if you don't want to. Well you can just say, Daan and Beth ."

She nodded.

"Am I going to your house?" She asked.

I nodded "yes, we are all going to live there"

"Really?"  She asked happily.

"Yes"

"Thwank you," she said.

"No problem princess"

"Shall we go then?" Daan asked, who had already collected all the items.

"Yeah" shouted Taytum.

I lifted Taytum up and followed Daan.

This is the best day of my life...

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it. If you liked it let me know in the comments and vote.
If you have any ideas let me know in the comments or in dm.
Xx