Chapter 10

For the people who are not yet following Liekexdanielle , be sure to follow her and read her books!

* Next evening *

Beth
After we heard scream we ran upstairs, Daan also tripped by going so fast. We went into our room and I turned on the light.

She was curled up under the blanket.

"Taytum princess what happened?" I asked. Walking towards the bed but she never answered.

We sat on the bed around her, she didn't want to come out of the blanket.

"Baby girl come out please." Daan said very concerned about our daughter.

The only response we got was a whimper, I pulled the covers off of her and brought her to my chest.

She set her head in the crook of my neck and cried, "It's okay baby, we are here. We are here." I said rubbing her back, she took her head out of my neck and looked at me with in innocent blood shot eyes.

"Taytum what happened?" Daan asked coming by her and wiping tears off her face.

"Jake." she whispered looking down but then her head shot up, it looked like she was regretting what she said.

We had a confused face, we didn't know who that was. "Who's Jake?"  I asked clueless. "No." She said hiding her face in my chest. "Taytum when we ask you a question we expect you to answer it and truthfully, so answer Beth's question." Daan said, with a motherly tone.

"My uncwle." She whispered quietly so we wouldn't hear her even though we did.

"Your uncle?" Daan asked making sure she was telling the truth.

She nodded slowly, "I know it's maybe not the best time to do this because it is already late. But we have to do it to just get it out right now." I said taking her hand playing with her little fingers. "But-" She said, but she didn't finish.

"If you don't say it, we can't help you baby," Daan stated not taking her eyes off her.

She nodded her head in understanding.

She rubbed her eyes and took a long breathe.

"Uncwle Jake said he had to take cware of me and i thought it was for a rweason so i went with him. Then he abused me. He hit me, starved me, and lwocked me in rooms the whole day. But then the police cwaught him." she quickly said fiddling with her hands.

"I had to go back to my pwarents, but they did exactly the same. They said it was my fwault that they had to go to jail..."

We were quite, we knew she had been through a abuse. But not like this.

"Aww baby, come here." Daan said taking her off my lap and into hers.

"You shouldn't have gone through that, I'm sorry." she admitted while kissing her cheek.

I think it was too much for Taytum, because she started to cry again.

"Even though you told us this sweetheart doesn't mean we will treat you differently now. We love you baby, we're so sorry you had to go through that. Its heartbreaking, but we're glad that your in safe hands with us." She said softly rubbing Taytum her arm.

She stopped crying and looked around the room tiredly, "come on honey, let's get you into bed again." Daan said picking her up and putting her under the covers.

Daan said her goodnight and walked away.

"Goodnight sweetheart." I whispered kissing her cheek thinking that she was asleep.

The last thing I heard before I closed the door. "Goodnight mommy." I walked away with a grin on my face.

Daan

So today we decided that we are taking Taytum to a Zoo, because we think she would love it.  After I got dressed I left our room and I went downstairs to see Taytum playing with a soccer ball.

When she heard me she turned her head and she smiled. She crawled over to me to hug my legs. Then I picked her up and hugged her.

We walked over to the couch and sat next to Beth.

We decided to have breakfast right away so that we can go to the zoo afterwards.

Then I did Taytum's hair to get it out of her face for today. After I finished Taytum's hair Beth put some sunscreen on Taytum so she wouldn't get sunburned, she kept whining saying it was cold but she got it done.

Then we left to go. The drive was roughly 30 minutes long, and Taytum was singing along to the radio the whole time.

Once we got there I got her out of her car seat and we went up to the booth where you pay to get in, and good thing because kids 4 years old and younger get in free.

We rented a pram so we didn't have to hold her all the time.

The first thing was the monkeys, I took Beth her hand while I was pushing the pram. We walked over to the monkey exhibit.  Once we got there Taytum was looking to the glass wall and pointing at all the monkeys.

Then one started coming toward us and it put one of its hands on the glass right where Taytum had her hand.  While that was happening I was taking a few pictures on my phone.

Then the monkey walked away from us so we decided to move on to the next exhibit. The next exhibit was the giraffes.  Taytum kept talking about how big and tall they were.  We even got one of the buckets of food and we fed the giraffe, and Taytum was smiling and laughing the whole time.

A little while later we had already seen the Lions, flamingos, we went into the building where they had the snakes but we didn't last really long cause Taytum didn't like them very much. But Taytum had said that she was hungry and I was too.

So we headed to the food stands, Taytum had little chicken nuggets and we got a burger.  After we finished eating we went to see the zebras, then the pandas, then we went to see the birds.

We were starting to get really hot and sweaty so we decided to get some ice cream to cool us down.  We headed to the ice cream stand, and I picked Taytum up so she could see all the flavors.

She pointed to the pink one and said that one. So I ordered a small cup of strawberry and I got a chocolate cone and I got a bottle of water as well. Beth didn't want something.

We sat down at a table in the shade and I grabbed extra napkins cause I don't want Taytum to make a mess on her clothes. After we finished our ice cream we went to the petting zoo.

Once we got in there Taytum wanted to go straight to one of the goats, I told her that she could touch it if she wanted to.  She slowly went to touch the goat and I was taking a video of course.

There was a few bunnies and I picked one up and put in into Taytum's arms and told her to smile so I could take a picture and she had the biggest smile ever.

Then sadly the bunny jumped out of her arms and ran away.  We spent a little while in there and we got out of the petting zoo and cleaned our hands with hand sanitizer and we moved on to the next thing.

About an hour later we had seen all the animals and I decided that it was time to go because Taytum seemed like she was getting tired.  It was about 5:30 am anyway.  She didn't want to sit in the highchair so I was carrying her, as we were leaving we walked through the gift shop and let Taytum pick out a stuffed animal to take home.

She picked a little panda bear and handed it to me so I paid for it and we made our way to the car, I think she had a lot of fun today.  So it's nice that we can make her happy and go to places she's never been before.

A few hours later we had eaten dinner and Taytum was already in bed. It was getting a little boring done here so we decided to go to bed.

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it. If you liked it let me know in the comments and vote.
If you have any ideas let me know in the comments or in dm.
Xx