Chapter 5

Beth

"You sad?" Taytum asked

"No princess, I'm not sad. I was just thinking" I replied

"But you looked sad," said Taytum as she crawled up to me.

"It's nothing special," I lied.

Taytum doesn't need to know I'm worried about her. When I changed her diaper this morning I saw scars on her thighs. I don't want to think about it, it makes me sad. But it doesn't go out of my mind. How can you do something about such an innocent little girl?

I played with her thin light brown hair, while Taytum played with my other hand.

"Can go thwere?" She pointed outside.

"No princess, you don't have any clothes on. You can't go out alone in your diaper"

"Otay" she said as she slid her little finger over my arm.

"Shall we watch something nice on television?"

"teleavisoowjn?"

I smirked at her statement. "Yes. I'll show you what you can do, watch different programs on television. For example football, cooking, but also for children."

"soccer watch?" She asked as she grabbed my hand.

"Ofcours we can watch soccer"

I turned on the TV to the right channel. It was a repeat, because the natural is now vacation. They only showed the highlights.

"And now some highlights of the 'FA Women's League Cup' the final between Chelsea and Arsenal ..."

Taytum squeezed my hand gently. "Women soccer in England?"

I nodded

"And the eldest at the back post and it was knocked down to .... BETH ENGLANDDD !, who has made a 1-0 to Chelsea ....."

"no like her, I'm for Arwsenal" she said angrily.

"I'm also for Arsenal," I said with a chuckle.

"Yess"

"Arsenal with the corner, Williamson got a head ... AND WILIAMSON IS THERE AGAIN!......"

"YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH" shouted Taytum. "GOAALLLLL"

"Get back to Beth England's of the back post, she is waiting for it ... SHE IS GOT IT!......"

"NOOOOOO, Arwsenal no win?" Taytum asked.

I nodded "Arsenal lost unfortunately"

*shot that we are all standing in a circle *

"WAIT! you?" Taytum asked, pointing to the screen.

"Yeah, that's me" I said laughing.

"Daan too?" Taytum asked again, who had suddenly received a lot of energy.

"She is" I replied.

"you pwofessional soccer player?"

"Yeah, I'm a professional soccer player."

"COOLL" she said as she yawned.

"Maybe it's time for a nap, little one" she nodded.

"You here?" She asked as I lifted her up and put her on the other bed.

"I'm not going anywhere princess"

"Uh?" She pointed next to her.

"Should I lie next to you?"

She nodded

I took off my shoes and lay down next to her.

"night night"

"Sleep well baby" I said as I pulled the blanket over and kissed her forehead.

Daan

I walked into a store and picked up a basket. There was plenty to find, shoes, socks, trousers, shirts, coats.

I picked out some nice outfits, a pair of shoes and a pacifier. Otherwise she always puts her thumb in her mouth.

After I went to the checkout and paid, I put everything in a bag and left the store.

Whatsapp conversation

D - hey, I thought I'd give an update. This morning we woke her up for a diaper and medicines. That in itself was fine. Then she went to eat yogurt. When she had eaten the first cup we wanted to start with the second. Only then did Taytum vomit, including himself. I just went to the store to buy some new clothes.

V - ohh, did you find everything in the store?

D - Yes, 3 sets of clothes, a pair of shoes and a pacifier. The rest they all have in hospital for her.

V - okay, can we visit today?

D - Yes, I think so. She is tired from the operation, but I think it will work.

V - great!

D - I just don't know the visiting times ...

V - I'll call the hospital, then I'll ask.

D - okay, see ya

V - Byee

...

- Aunties -

Vivianne - guys we can visit today! I just called the hospital.

Jill - YESSSS

Jordan - Whooppp

Leah - don't 'whooppp'

Danielle (c) - Whooppp

Lia - whooppp

Jill - Whooppp

Leah - 😑

Caitlin- okay, shall we meet at half past one at the 'Meadow park'?

Manuela - yeah

Katie - Okay

Kim - Don't forget your present!

Leonie - Byee

Jordan - Doeii

Vivianne - 👋🏻

End chat

...

Still Daan

I walked down the hall to the room and knocked softly.

It was suffocating so I carefully opened the door.

Then I saw the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Beth and Taytum were in bed together. Taytum lays on Beth's stomach, holding Beth's shirt with one hand. And with her other hand she had her thumb in her mouth.

I quickly picked up Beth's phone from the table and entered her code, "3226"

Afther I took a picture of Beth and Taytum and set it as the background. I put her phone back down and picked up the bag from the floor.

I put the clothes neatly in the closet and then sat on the couch.

After a few minutes I heard a whisper in the hallway. I walk to the door and open it carefully. And saw the whole team.

"Guys what are you doing here?" I asked confused.

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it. If you liked it let me know in the comments and vote.
If you have any ideas let me know in the comments or in dm.
Xx