Chapter 2

Daan

In the hospital, we waited for what seems like forever before we heard anything. When we arrived at this hospital they said she was going to have surgery.

The doctor finally came in and he did not look happy.

He looked at us "Did you come in with the little girl?" he asked.

"Yes we did."

"Will you come with me please?" The doctor said I nodded and we stand up to follow him.

"I'm just gonna say it." He said what made me worried

"She has a broken ankle, three bruised ribs, bruises everywhere and 2 deep wounds in her stomach. The wounds are deep, but there's nothing serious. It probably just hurts a lot. The bruises don't seem to have happened by accident either. We suspect her parents caused it. She has also underweight, so she gets special food with good nutrients and vitamins." The doctor said with a sad look is his eyes.

I looked at Beth and saw tears in her eyes. I took her hand and stroked her hand with my thumb.

"We also had the police look into her system to find her relatives but everyone we talk to didn't know that her parents had a child. So they didn't want her or her disability." He said.

Hearing this made me angry how could some one not care about their family like that.

"When she is released she will be going into custody of the social worker." the doctor continued.

"So she will be going to an orphanage?" Beth asked.

"Yes." the doctor replied.

"I have to go, but you can go see her. If she cries try your best to calm her down because crying will only make her concussion and other injuries worse. She's in room 382." The doctor said

"Okay, thanks." Beth said quickly before pulling me to the elevator

...

We arrived on the right floor and got out of the elevator.

"NOOOOO." was shouted. I immediately recognized the voice. Taytum.

We ran to Taytum's room and entered her room. There were 4 nurses around her.

They tried to calm her down, but judging by the red nose and eyes, that had not really worked.

When she saw us she started crying even harder and tried to come to us, but her leg is in plaster and the nurses stopped her.

"NOOO!" She screamed again.

I ran over to her and sat down on the bed. And she immediately climbed onto my lap crying, trying to hid her head in my sweater.

"Shhhh... it's okay, you are safe." I said. "We are here baby girl."

"We will leave you alone, if there is something just press on the red button," one of the nurses said. I nod and they walked away.

"Are you ok now?" I asked as Taytum cuddled into me.

"Uh uh" she replied shaking her head before clinging onto me tightly "hurt hurt." she said pointing to the catheter in her hand.

"I know it hurts babygirl." I replied cuddling her

"Mwake it stop." she cried as she buried her head into my neck "shh don't cry, watch I'll kiss it better." I said as she lifted her head from my neck.

I kissed where the catheter was "all better now baby." I said kissing her head before she cuddled into me again

Beth sat down next to us and put her head on my shoulder. She sighed.

Beth

I was woken up by a crying Taytum.

Apparently we fell asleep on Taytum's bed.

I quickly walked to the other side of the bed as Danielle was in the middle sleeping.

"Shhh... it's okay, I'm here." I said when Taytum immediately crept up on me.

"I'm sacred." she said

"It's okay." I said. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, I promise your safe now ok?" I said

She nodded

"Now you need to be a good girl to the nurses and doctors so they can make you feel better."

She looked at me.

"But for now go to sleep. It's middle of the night ok?" I said to Taytum.

"Please do no go." she starts to cry.

"Shh... it's ok, we will stay here the whole night with you." I said.

"Okay." she said I gently pulled her into my arms, careful not to hurt her.

I held her in my arms and rocked her until she fell asleep.

Then I laid her down, I walked to the couch and lay down. It may not be so good, but everything better than being pushed out by Danielle. You never know.

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it. If you liked it let me know in the comments and vote.
If you have any ideas let me know in the comments or in dm.
Xx