Chapter 20

Beth

I turned the pregnancy test over and the answer to the question was revealed.

One line...

Before I could respond, Daan got up and ran upstairs. Then it hit me.

I put the test on the table and ran upstairs after Daan. I found her on our bed. Crying.

I lay down next to her. She immediately crawled over to me and put her head on my chest. I slid my hands through her hair until she calmed down a bit.

"I-I'm sorry." She whispered with a shaky breath, so she wouldn't wake Taytum. Since it was still morning and Taytum likes to sleep, she was still asleep.

She crawled closer to me. "No, Daan. It's not your fault. You can't help it. It's okay, really." I said, trying to calm her down.

"But why doesn't it work? Why doesn't anything ever work?" She said with tears still running down her cheeks.

"I don't know babe, but-." I started until I was interrupted by Taytum.

"Goodmorning Mommy! Goodmorning Mama!" She screamed as she climbed onto the bed. She crawled forward, so she could get under the covers.

I chuckled as I tucked her hair behind her ears. "Good morning, Taytum."

She turned to Daan and lay on her stomach. She looked at her. "Mommy crying?"

"Wait, I'm going to cheer you up." She all started to kiss Daan's face.

"Feeling better?" Taytum asked when she was done.

Daan nodded as she sat up straight. "If you go play downstairs, we'll be there in a minute." Daan said and lifted Taytum up, so she could get out of bed.

"Okay!" Taytum replied happily and ran away.

"Babe, please don't be sad. We're going to make another appointment with the doctor next week and discuss what to do. Okay?" She nodded, and crawled back to me.

We lay like this until I heard something drop and then glass shader. I literally jumped out of bed and ran downstairs and into the kitchen.

When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Taytum on top of the counter and the pitcher of orange juice shattered everywhere.

"Taytum Amelia van de Donk! What are you doing up there!?" I asked confused.

"S-Sorry Mama I wanted to make breakfast for you and Mommy. A-And the orange juice was too heavy..." She said letting out a cry.

"Oh princess you could have got really hurt. Please don't do anything like this again okay? Can you promise me that?" I asked while I carried her to the living room

"Yes Mama I promise."

I sat her down and put on Disney Jr for her, while I went to cleaned up the kitchen and made breakfast for the two of us.

Daan was still upstairs, maybe it was good for her to be alone.

...

"Hi Lisa!" Daan and I greeted in sync.

It was a few days after we found out that Daan was still not pregnant. We made an appointment with the doctor for this afternoon.

And it's better that Taytum doesn't come, so we brought her to Viv and Lisa

"Auntie Lisa!" Our daughter squealed, racing through the house to greet her favourite auntie.

Daan and I both giggled, watching our daughter running into her auntie's legs. Lisa laughed loudly and lifted our daughter into her arms. 

"Hi darling! Are you ready for our day out?" She cooed with excitement, hugging Taytum close. 

"She's been awake since half past 4 this morning!" Daan told her whilst ruffling our daughters hair. 

"Half past 4?!" Lisa exclaimed, giggling at your little girls excitement. 

"Do you like my new bag aunt Lisa?" Taytum replied, showing off her new Elsa bag, with a huge smile on her face. 

"She's got her juice in there, her teddy and a change of clothes just in case of any accidents." I informed her. Lisa nodded in understanding then swung around your daughter in her arms.

"Oki doki! Looks like we're all set sweetie!" Taytum nodded vigorously, before looking back to us. 

"Have a good day babygirl!" Daan cooed, planting a kiss against our daughters head. "Be good for auntie Lisa and auntie Viv."

"Okay Mommy."

I smiled lovingly before leaning down and kissing her cheek. "Love you princess. Have a good day!"

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it. If you liked it let me know in the comments and vote.
If you have any ideas let me know in the comments or in dm.
Xx