Chapter 23

Guess I'm back!
I haven't checked yet, so mistakes are my bad...

Beth
"Good morning baby." Daan mumbled in that husky tone.

I smiled at the perfect sound and wrapped my arms tighter around her waist, pulling her back closer to my front.

"Morning Bae." I replied, before tracing shapes about her covered stomach.

"Today's the day we tell your parents..." I whispered.

Daan slowly turned around and leant up on her elbows, looking into my eyes. "Yep, I'm so excited." She whispered back with a grin.

"They're going to be so happy." I nodded with a grin, "So how are we going to do this?" I quizzed.

"Well, I bought some baby socks. So how about we wrap them in and let them unpack?" She suggested.

"Aw Daan! That's so cute, babe!" I cooed, hugging her from behind.

"You're so smart!"

"Brains as well as beauty." She retorted with a wink and a smirk.

"Hm, whatever you say." I replied cheekily. "Hey! You're our baby mama! You need to have my back. I love you," She whispered, yelled before trying to tickle me.

"Love you too babe. Now let's go sort some breakfast out and wake up Taytum."

Daan
"Hey! I'm in the kitchen." I yelled when I heard my parents entering the house.

"I missed you so much." My mother said while hugging me tight. "Are Tay and Beth here?"

"Yeah. They are in the living room, watching something on Netflix, but-." Before I had even finished my sentence, my mom turned around and rushed to the lounge.

Taytum and Beth were laying on the carpet, focusing on the television screen. "Grandma!" Taytum screamed, when she saw her grandmother. "Oh you became so big." My mother exclaimed, excited. I laughed at them.

"I've missed you, Grandma!" Taytum said, making her smile. "I missed you too, baby." When they parted, my mother went to Beth, "Hey Beth!" The younger girl greeted, hugging my mother back.

...

The dinner was going well, my parents asked a few general questions during the dinner. I really wanted to tell them, but I could feel anxiety taking over.

Beth could sense my nervousness.

"We don't have to tell them yet, babe." She whispered in your ear, reassuring me by placing her hand on my knee. I nodded gratefully and took a deep breath.

"I'll take your plate." Beth offered, but you felt guilty. I grabbed my own plate and placed it into the sink and heard footsteps following. "Well hello baby..." The distinct husky voice echoed through the kitchen.

Beth hugged you from behind, wrapping her arms securely around your waist and twined your fingers.

She assured me with a smile. "Ready?" She asked as I reached the front door.

"As I'll ever be." I replied.

We both walked back to the table and sat down.

"Actually mom, dad. There's something we need to tell you." I said, exhaling.

"Can we all go into the living room?" My mom requested.

I nodded, heading for the living room. Beth reached for your hand again.

"Are you okay, baby?" She questioned, squeezing my hand tenderly.

I nodded back.

We gave them the present. And they tore it open.

"What?!"

"Are you? You know..."

"What's happening guys?" My father quizzed, looking between us.

I revealed, a big smile on her face, lacing my fingers over my slight bump.

"Huh?" My mother asked, still really confused.

"In about 5 months time, there's going to be a new addition to the family."

Beth took over and explained. "Daan is pregnant...we're having a baby." She announced, hugging me tight.

"WHAT?!" They were clearly shocked.

"Congratulations guys! I'm so happy for you!!" My mom screamed.

"We're going to be grandparents!"..."we're going to be grandparents!" They started chanting in sync, holding hands and spinning around with excitement.

"We're having a baby." Beth whispered as she kissed the side of my head.

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it. If you liked it let me know in the comments and vote.
If you have any ideas let me know in the comments or in dm.
Xx