9. The Back Room

tw: sexually explicit material not suitable for some viewers.

•••

The sun was dim on this particular Wednesday afternoon. The skies were covered in grey clouds, and the rain was coming down hard.

They did always say April showers bring May flowers. Though, at the moment it didn't feel like that.

It had been raining since last Thursday, and not only did the mood of Mother Nature completely shift, but so did the moods of everyone.

Diagon Alley was more empty than usual, and the few that were there walked glumly with umbrellas or their jackets to cover their heads.

It had been a slow week for Delilah. Finishing up April paperwork and a few new ones that would go on the new May record. The new Aurors in training were behind on their curse/jinx checks, and it wasn't Delilahs job to look after them, but she wanted to help so the process would go by faster.

So not only was she working on her own paper work, and keeping her own Aurors in line, she was also keeping track of the trainees.

She hadn't seen George since their date night on Monday. She had brought him to her house and they had spent the night watching and counting the stars on her balcony. It was a lovely night, but she awoke the next morning to an empty bed and a note from George, telling her he had gone work. She understood, but she still didn't like to wake up without him there.

Now, Delilah held her umbrella close to her head to stop the pounding rain from drifting beyond the small dome.

Her rain boots splashed in the puddles underneath her feet, and the front of her black work trousers were slightly damp from the wind pushing the rain. The light green blouse on her torso was barely noticeable beyond the unzipped raincoat around her arms.

She smiled warmly as she stared up at the bright building in front of her. It was a little after six, and despite being an hour from closing, Weasleys Wizard Wheezes was still booming.

Her and George had been owling between the days they couldn't see each other, but she felt herself slowly slipping into withdrawal from the lack of seeing his smile.

She pulled open the door, the bell ringing above her as a wave of laughter and the smell of fireworks washed over her.

She closed her umbrella, pulling out her wand to dry her boots so they wouldn't squeak and her umbrella. Before she could go anywhere from the doorway, two strong arms wrapped around her body, immediately engulfing her in a heart felt hug.

"I have missed you, my love."

The smell of fire, cinnamon, and a tad bit of weed filled her nostrils. She smiled widely, wrapping her arms around Georges waist.

"I haven't seen you in ages!" He cried, chuckling as he kissed her lips feverishly.

She kissed him back, and they wouldn't have pulled apart if it wasn't for Fred.

"Hem hem," Fred said, his arms crossed as he approached them behind George. "There are children in here."

Delilah blushed embarrassingly, "Right, sorry."

George looked down at her, chuckling at her shyness, "Come on, princess, let's go to the back room."

Fred stopped him, leaning closer to whisper, "Do you seriously have to shag in our storage room?"

George smiled cheekily at him as he took Delilahs hand, "Jealous?"

Fred glared at him, "No, have fun."