56. The Turning Page

Thank you to everyone who voted on my instagram story for Del&Georges wedding song. Many people voted for this one particularly, and I myself love it, so of course, I had to make it official.

Song: Turning Page by Sleeping at Last

•••

"It's okay if you don't want to," Adonis said, snapping Delilah from her trance. "I was so nervous on my wedding day."

She bit her glossy lips as she listened to him, holding his arm tighter.

"But when I saw your mother coming down that aisle, oh boy— my nerves washed away. Like a freaking ocean. It was like, wow, I get to marry her. Me. I need to marry her. You should have that feeling when you see him; George. Take a look at him before we go, tell me what you feel."

Delilah nodded, looking around the corner. Her eyes landed on him, George, and she felt her heart stop. He stood tall, his hands folded in front of himself and a large grin on his face. She could tell he was excited by the twinkle in his eye, and the look made her stomach bubble.

She knew by the twisting of her stomach, her life was about to change.

But she wanted it to change.

She knew George hated getting dressed up, so to see him in a suit and bow tie for her, made her heart swell with more than love. But with passion, joy, and the need to be with him.

"I need to marry him," Delilah mumbled, standing up straight again. She looked at her father, "that is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"There you go," he smiled, "that's your answer."

"You ready to give me away?"

"I'll never be ready, but I know it's what you want."

The two smiled at each other before finally stepping around the corner. As they did, the crowd stood up and turned to face her fully.

But she didn't pay attention to any of them. Her eyes were on him, George, only thirty feet away from her. He looked absolutely gorgeous, as usual, and Delilah felt her eyes sting slightly.

George's eyes, on the other hand, weren't just stinging. They were soaked. A waterfall poured from his eyes, his nose rosy as he sniffled, and Fred's hand stayed firm on his shoulder for support. He smiled tearily, watching his beautiful bride walk towards him.

I get to be her husband, he thought happily.

As Delilah finally approached them and the guest took their seats, Adonis whispered in her ear, "Just take deep breaths, I promise it's not as terrifying as it seems."

And he sent her off. Her hands connected with George's, and she couldn't help but feel that they were slightly shaking.

She smiled up at him and kissed one of his hands, using her free hand to reach up and wipe away his tears. He chuckled slightly, letting his face rest comfortably in her palm.

"I thought for a second you weren't g-gonna come around the corner," he muttered, holding her hand tighter as she continued to wipe his cheeks.