50. Unexpected

^body shape is not canon for delilah. just pay attention to the dress.

•••

"Georgie, my love,

I promise to explain everything. I don't wanna lose you, not after everything we've been through together.
Meet me in the meadows at noon (you know where I'm talking about).

Delilah Onasis
(soon to be Weasley?)"

He couldn't help but smile, rereading the note multiple times before putting it down. He walked out the bedroom, peeking his head in Lee's room to see where he was.

But he was gone. The house was empty, so George went into Lee's closet to get himself clean clothes. He ended up wearing his own sweatpants from yesterday (since none of Lee's pants fit him), and one of Lee's Fleetwood Mac t-shirts.

He brushed his teeth with one of Lee's spare tooth brushes and combed his hair slightly. It was only minutes after waking up that George apparated to the meadow filled with daisies, petunias, and cornflowers.

He hadn't been there in awhile, but when his feet softly hit the tall grass, it felt like he was there just yesterday.

He remembered the blanket that laid on the ground with Delilah spread across it, the picnic basket she had filled beside her. He remembered when she put a flower behind his ear, and the giggles that left her lips as she took a picture of him.

He wasn't met with a blanket nor a picnic basket this time, but what he was met with today, still made him smile.

Delilah stood in the center of the field, a purple sundress going down to her mid-thigh, and a pair of lumea, white flats on her feet. Her brown hair was half tied back with a purple ribbon, subtle makeup on her face, and her hands folded behind her back.

Fred stood beside her, jeans and a button up shirt on his body. The shirt was untucked, his sneakers lazily tied, and his hair blew in the wind.

"Hi, my love," she smiled, looking him over as he walked to her slowly. "Nice shirt."

George looked down, "It's Lee's."

"I figured you had gone there last night," she hummed.

George felt his heart flip as a breeze blew by, making her hair trail behind her, similar to how a cape would. The rays of the sun lit up her blue eyes, and her cheekbones began to glow.

He took another step to her, "Delilah, I'm so sorry I left last night. It was immature of me—"

"You had every right to be angry," she cut him off. "I'm the one who should be apologizing, and I have plenty of explaining to do. I'm sorry I've been so secretive lately, but I have a good reason. So if you'll accept this ring back—"

She held out the silver engagement ring between her fingers, making George bite his lip.

"I'd like to show you what's been going on," she finished, her free hand now wrapping in George's. "And I promise to never keep another secret from you, and to always, always, make sure that we are both happy."

George's hand shook slightly as he reached towards the ring, his hand tightening in hers. "I never, ever, want to take it off again. It was irrational and childish when I did."