33. The End of Summer

•••

"Hey, can I talk to you guys?" Fred Weasley asked as he entered his sitting room after baking a batch of snickerdoodle cookies.

He sat down on the coffee table in front of Del and George, who were curled up together, having came up from the shop a few minutes prior.

"Yeah, of course," Delilah smiled, George nodding too.

He handed them both a snickerdoodle, "First, I made these. . . I know I already made us a batch of brownies yesterday, but I also wanted to make these for you."

George raised an eyebrow as he took the cookie, "Okay. . . What's wrong? You only cook when you're upset."

"I'm not upset, just a little nervous," Fred crossed his hands in his lap, looking down at them and taking a deep breath.

"Why?" Delilah asked softly, biting into the cookie, which tasted like absolute heaven.

"Because I'm bisexual, but I prefer girls over guys," he finally said, a weight lifting from his shoulders as he finally told them.

He had been looking for the right words since he called things off with Lee a week ago. He tried a few times, but it never seemed like the right time, with both Delilah and George having to work and being caught up in each other's presences.

Delilah smiled widely, "That's great! I'm glad that you know you can trust me with information like that."

Fred nodded, looking over to George. He had a look on his face as he ate his cookie that Fred couldn't quite decipher, but what he said next, made Fred very confused.

"Okay, same," George shrugged, "I had a bit of a feeling, too. Especially the way you used to look at Wood, you had to've felt a little something for him when he was doing captain things and stuff during Quidditch. . ."

"Wait, wait, you're bi too?" Fred gasped, his eyebrows raised incredibly high.

"Um, yes? I told you in our seventh year," George stated, looking at Delilah.

He had already told Delilah on one of their first dates, and he was quite astonished to find out she was actually pansexual.

"No you did not," Fred defended.

"Well, now that I think about," George laughed, "You were probably too hungover to remember."

Delilah let out a small laugh, shaking her head and covering her mouth under Fred's glare.

"So is everyone in this room bisexual?" Fred asked, standing up with his arms crossed.

Delilah raised her hand, "Well, I'm pansexual, but yeah, none of us are straight."

"Do Mum and dad know about you?" Fred asked George, going into the kitchen to get himself a new snack, he was done eating his own food.

"Yeah," George nodded, grabbing Delilahs waist and moving her to straddle his hips.

She smirked down at him, bracing her hands on his shoulders and looking over at Fred as he talked.

"Well, can you be with me when I tell them? I was planning on telling them this weekend since Mum invited everyone to the Burrow," Fred explained, filling a bowl with pretzels and mini marshmallows.

Delilah bit her lip as George began grinding her hips against himself, responding to Fred absentmindedly, "Yeah, sure."

"You can't wait to do this when we're alone?" Delilah whispered into his ear, gripping at his shoulders.