14. Welcome Back, Gin

{hi! this^^ is what i imagine the newest character to look like— style and all! And thank you so much for 3k reads! It's been one and half weeks!!! Omg thank you thank you thank you!! We got literally 1 thousand just yesterday!! I love you all!}

•••

May was coming to an end, and the Burrow was alive with life. Mrs. Weasleys flowers were blooming, the grass was regrowing, and the birds were chirping.

Summer was soon falling upon everyone, and nobody could be more excited for the heat and beach days to come. And with the knowledge that Victoire, Bill and Fleurs daughter, would be coming any day now, everyone was so happy for the married couple.

Delilah was now Apparating to the Burrow for a special dinner, called upon by Harry. Ginny was coming home from her month long Quidditch practices, and he wanted to throw a welcome party.

He was so excited the last week preparing for the party, he wanted everything to be perfect for her. Delilah could tell he really loved her, and it made her heart swell; the thought of the love.

She walked through the front gate of the Burrow and down the cobblestone steps, smiling at the red and yellow flowers surrounding her.

She held a pan full of her mother's baked Mac-n-Cheese, and she knocked gently on the front door. It swung open, and George smiled down at her.

"Afternoon love," he said, bending down to peck her lips. "You brought food?"

"Of course! I didn't want your mum to do all the work," she chuckled as she walked past George to the kitchen.

He stood with his mouth open slightly, a bit shocked of how she just walked straight past him. He furrowed his eyebrows as he turned around and followed her.

"Hi, Mrs. Weasley!" Delilah smiled broadly, placing her dish on the table that was lined with a red table cloth and flowers in the center.

"Delilah, dear, it's so good to see you!" She pulled the girl into a tight hug, "You look so good, I love your skirt!"

She smiled down at the yellow and white polka doted skirt flowing around her knees. "Thank you, I-I brought Mac-n-Cheese."

Mrs. Weasley smiled down at the dish, "Aw! You didn't have to!"

"You always do so much when it comes to get-togethers like this," Delilah explained, fiddling with the rim of her yellow bowling shirt. "I wanted to contribute."

Molly smiled thankfully at her, patting her cheek lightly. "You are an amazing women," she whispered, "Georgie is lucky to have you."

Delilah blushed as Molly turned back to the food she was cooking on the stove.

"Why don't you go sit in the sitting room? I believe Fred and Lee are both in there now," Molly smiled.

Delilah nodded, "Alright, but if you need any help—"

"Don't be silly," Molly chuckled, pushing her out of the kitchen, "I've been doing this for more than twenty years! Go sit! Be with your friends!"

Delilah sighed, finally giving in as she waved goodbye to Molly and went around the corner to the sitting room.

George was leaning against the wall, a smirk on his lips and he pushed himself off of it to approach Delilah. "Mum loves you. . . maybe even more than I do."

She frowned up at him as she wrapped her arms around his waist, "More than you do?"

George shook his head, "No, no one loves you more than I do."