30. Communication

{trigger warning: mentions of rape,
and hateful words to oneself     
DOUBLE UPDATE?
double fucking update y'all}

•••

Delilah had kept to herself the first few days after the picnic, feeling extremely awkward and upset when she was around the one person she just wanted a hug from.

George.

He wasn't as touchy with her anymore, and Delilahs heart twisted anytime they made eye contact. She wanted to talk to him, she really did, but she just didn't know what to say. What to ask or what he would say when she did find the right words.

She knew George loved her, but she felt as though something had changed between them, like he just simply didn't want to touch her anymore, not just in a sexual way, in all ways.

She always kept herself on her side of the bed, facing away from George, and he always woke up alone. Delilah made sure to be out of the bedroom before he awoke, and his heart broke every time he reached over for her, just to find she was gone.

But what he didn't know was that she would sit in the bed the first ten minutes she was awake, looking at him and admiring him. She wanted so badly to kiss him, to hold him, but she wasn't sure if he wanted her to.

After his declining of intimacy at the picnic, she wasn't sure if she should touch him. She didn't want to be declined like that again, it hurt her.

Now, Delilah sat in the sitting room as the twins were down at work, her leg bouncing up and down nervously and her nails between her teeth.

With a sudden need of communication and answers, she stood up and flattened down her over sized sweatshirt, that was evidently George's.

She had put his clothes on when he went to work, trying to touch and feel close to him in different ways than usual.

She slipped on her sneakers, wiping away her tears as she went down the spiral staircase to the shop.

When she saw the amount of people inside, she sucked in a breath and realized how underdressed she was with her black leggings and her messy bun.

"Hey, Del, I wasn't expecting to see you down here," Fred came up to her, smiling sadly down at her.

"Mm, I wasn't expecting on coming down here either," she whispered.

He noticed her puffy eyes, "You alright?"

She shook her head no, "I really need to talk to George."

Fred immediately nodded, "Yeah, you're lucky, he's just in the office."

She nodded, smiling at him as she walked around him, past the customers and to the office. She wiped away her last tears as she opened the door, taking a deep breath and closing it behind her.

George looked up from his paperwork, his entire aura shifting as he cleared his throat. "Hi."

Without any words, she walked over to him and sat in his lap. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and cried into his neck.

"Shh shh," he hummed, rubbing her back as he immediately discarded his paperwork and focused on her. "It's alright, I'm here."

"I'm so sorry," she choked out, shaking against him and holding him as tight as possible. "I'm so very sorry."

"For what? You've done nothing wrong," he reassured, kissing her hair.

"We seriously need to talk," she whispered before pulling out of the hug and pulling a chair up beside him.