13. At the Office

{hey, i sort of drew a picture^^}

tw: sexually explicit material not suitable for some viewers.

•••

"Delilah, Cassius will be working in your department," Kingsley informed as he stood in the door of her office. "He has great records from his Auror work in the states, and he will be replacing Jonathon on your staff."

Cassius stood besides Kingsley, a small smile on his lips and a box of supplies in his hands.

Delilah stared up at them, desperately wanting it to be a dream. But it wasn't.

She bit back what she wanted to say:
It's too awkward. Can't he work in another department? Why mine?

"O-oh okay. . ." Was what she said, placing down her pen.

"I'll leave you to instruct him," Kingsley smiled, clearly unaware of how uncomfortable Delilah was with the situation.

Once he was gone, Delilah said, "Jonathons desk is still empty, feel free to set up your thing; get comfortable." Cassius nodded, "Come back in when you're done, and I'll get you started with your paperwork."

"Thank you, Willy," he smiled as he went to walk out.

"Uh—" she stopped him, "Could you just call me Delilah?"

His smile faltered for a moment before he nodded, "Right, sorry— Delilah."

With one last head nod, he left through the door. Delilah sat back down, letting out a breath as she got her paperwork back in order.

She got his paperwork and assignments into a pile, and set them on the table besides her door. She did some last organization in her filing cabinets, and as she was putting away a few folders, Cassius came back in.

"I-I set my desk up, I'm ready for my paperwork," he said with a smile, his shoulders tense with nervousness.

"On the table next to you," she said without turning around.

Cassius looked down at the table, nodding his head as he picked up the file with his name on it. He went to leave, but something on her desk caught his eye.

A small picture frame sat on her desk, showing him a full view of the picture. A man around their age was the only person in the frame. He was smiling at the camera with a white flower behind his ear, a field of daisies, petunias, and cornflowers behind him. But his ginger hair was what caught Cassius' eye.

"Is that a Weasley?" he asked, pointing at the picture.

Delilah whipped her around, following his finger, "Oh— Erm. . . Yes, that's George Weasley, one the twins."

"Why do you have a picture of him?"

Cassius wasn't a pureblood supremacist, his family never had anything against Muggle borns or half-bloods. But when he sees another man in a picture frame on his ex-girlfriends desk. . .

Delilah bit her lip and looked back at her files, "Because he is my. . . boyfriend."

Cassius almost dropped his folder, but he kept himself composed. "Oh. . . your boyfriend? That's. . . great."

Delilah nodded absentmindedly, "Yeah, we've been together for three months now."

"That's great," Cassius cleared his throat, walking backwards to the door. "I-I'm going to get started on my work, have a good rest of your day, Willy."

Before Delilah could correct him, he scurried out of her office. She frowned at the door, afraid the sudden information he learned would interfere with their work relationship.