Chapter 22: Niall the Counselor Part 1 - Zarry

A/N: Wooo, we’re moving right along here like a train.

That made me think of the movie Hachi, nooo ;-; *cries for 6 years*

Okay anyway, dedication goes to @couldyounot- for the wonderful idea behind this chapter. I couldn’t refuse it, it was too good (she’s also a wonderful friend and an absolute sweetheart, love you <3).

Hope you all enjoy x

Niall stared at the door as soon as the clock read 7:00 pm. Louis was sitting on the floor, reading a book about ‘everyone pooping’ (Niall probably only got that because he found the title hilarious) and mumbling incoherently. Zayn was passed out on the couch, taking up the whole damn thing.

7:01

Damn it, when he said ‘7ish’, he meant 7 on the dot, why couldn’t he just say 7 on the fucking dot?

7:02

That was it, his whole plan ruined. They weren’t coming, and he was stuck with babysitting Louis because Zayn looked like he wasn’t getting up anytime soon.

But then the knock at the door interrupted his thoughts. He jumped up and rushed toward the door, opening it swiftly to see a somber Liam and a gleeful Harry.

“Did you order pizza, leprechaun? I could use a pizza,” Louis said, looking up from the book.

Niall immediately pushed both of them inside as soon as Liam’s head perked up at the sound of Louis’s voice. Louis’s eyes grew tenfold, and he jumped to his feet. “What the fuck?!”

Liam turned around to reach for the doorknob, but Niall was quicker as he rushed in front of it so that Liam couldn’t make his escape. “No, none of ya are leaving without having a talk.”

“We already talked,” Liam argued, crossing his arms and glaring at Niall.

“Not appropriately, and this is gonna be a group discussion. Everyone can include their opinion.” Niall nodded over to where Zayn and Louis were.

“Um, I’d rather not get in Louis and Liam’s business,” Harry mentioned quietly, looking back and forth between the two fuming people, not daring to look at each other.

“Who says it’s just 'bout Liam and Louis?” Niall asked, raising his eyebrow.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “What d’you mean?”

“Don’t think I’m lettin’ you and Zee here off of the hook; you two have got problems needing serious discussion.”

Harry’s eyes widened as he gulped. “But, I have Kend—”

“Oh, fuck this, me and Zaynie are out of here, we can take you, Niall, right, Zee?” Louis questioned, looking down at Zayn.

Zayn remained passed out on the couch, oblivious to the drama going on around him.

Louis glared at the much asleep raven-haired boy and poked him with his foot. “Zayn,” he spat, trying to get his attention.

Zayn merely grumbled and turned around, hiding his face in the couch. “Go the fuck away, Lou, you can take my bed, just for fuck’s sake let me sleep.”

Niall didn’t fail to notice the small smile forming on Harry’s face, and the way his eyes shone brighter at Zayn’s sleep deprived grumpiness.

Zayn!” Louis exclaimed louder, grabbing the book and hitting him as hard as he could.

Zayn shot up in a sitting position and grabbed his head. “Fucking hell, Louis, does me being sleep-deprived bring you some sort of… sick joy…” His words trailed off as he noticed the two other individuals in the room, and Niall blocking the door as if his life depended on it before he sighed and rubbed his forehead. “Of fucking course, Niall, of fucking course.”