Chapter 19: New Year's Party

A/N: hello you little poops of sunshine.

First off, happy holidays and happy new year! I hope all of you enjoyed the holidays and had a wonderful time with all of your friends and family xx

anywho, i apologize for the lateish update, ive spent the last week or so in mexico with my family and was unable to update but im home and updating now so yay!

Dedication goes to @couldyounot- because she’s my newly made amazing friend and she’s so sweet and kind and I love her comments ^.^, thank you sweetie x

Enjoyyy

Zayn fixed his beanie on tightly and shoved his hands in his coat as the snow fell all around him. He stood outside of the coffee shop, having just closed up early due to it being New Year’s; he sighed to himself and shut his eyes, dreading the thought of having to see Harry again at Louis’s New Year’s party.

It had been exactly 2 weeks since they last kissed, and Harry ignored him at every chance he had; every time Zayn pulled him aside, he made an excuse, saying ‘the customers need me’ or ‘I have to pee’, and Zayn was getting real fucking tired of being left, looking like an idiot.

The thing was Harry was still with Kendall, and he wanted to pretend whatever occurred in the closet that day never happened, and Zayn wasn’t going to let him get away with it.

So, he promised himself he’d confront Harry at the New Year’s party.

Only confrontation wasn’t exactly Zayn’s strong suit especially ‘talking about his feelings’, something Zayn was completely unfamiliar with, which was why Zayn wished he was an ant and none of this even mattered.

His hazel eyes snapped open as he heard his phone vibrating; he answered it quickly, already expecting a call from Louis.

“Zayn, darling!” Louis exclaimed, already cured from the flu, unfortunately.

Zayn sighed and shivered as he brushed snowflakes off of his body. “What do you want, Lou?”

“Can you do your best friend the biggest favor?”

“Sure, just text Niall and have him call me,” Zayn snickered, he heard Liam chuckle in the background and only fist bumped the air in victory.

“That’s not fucking funny at all; I hate you,” Louis spat.

“Hate isn’t going to get you anything, you shit, what do you want?”

“Run by the bakery and pick up my order for my birthday/New Year’s cake, por favor.”

Zayn rolled his eyes and began walking down the street. “I still don’t understand why you never let us throw you a party on your actual birthday.”

He heard Louis grunt and sigh. “Because you would all do a piss-poor job at it since you’d probably fight over what I like when none of you have a fucking clue, and besides, I get more presents this way.”

Zayn mentally agreed, although he’d never admit to it out loud, and finally reached the bakery. “Whatever, I’m at the bakery, see you soon.” He hung up and made his way inside, taking off his beanie and brushing his coat for any remaining snowflakes.

“How can I help ya?” the man behind the counter asked, a smile adorning his face.

“Um, I’m here to pick up an order for Louis Tomlinson?”

The man looked through some papers and his smile grew wider. “It’ll be done in just a few moments, we’ll call your name when it’s done.”

Zayn nodded his head and sat down, taking his phone out and scrolling through Facebook. The bell chimed signifying a customer just walked in, and Zayn paid no mind to it, until he heard the familiar deep voice that haunted him in his repetitive dirty dreams.