chapter 3

A R T

A R T

Diana had the same men that tossed me in the back of her van bring up my suitcases and my cat. Rybka was definitely curious about his new surroundings, he jumped on the rail near the window to do his daily sunbathing. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around thinking it was Diana but to my surprise it was one of the bulky men.

"I'm Jamie."

He held his hand out for me to shake, I glanced down at his rough hand that had cigarette burns all over.

"Nimfa." My soft hand took his, he gave my hand a little shake before pulling away.

His hair was short and perfect styled and he had brown glasses on indicating he must be blind without them, he seemed normal compared to everyone else but you should never judge someone on looks. I turned back around to unpack more of my belongings, I could feel him staring at me still.

"Diana wanted me to show you around." He told me.

I dropped my clothes and looked out the window next to me trying to calm my nerves.

"That would be amazing." I said.

He walked out first and I slowly followed behind him, I tried my best keeping my head down not wanting to draw to much attention to myself but everything seemed to call out to me. I noticed that he came to a stop so I gently lifted my head up to look around, my jaw almost dropped opened by how beautiful this room was.

It was filled with paintings and sculptures, my legs carried me deeper into the room.

"Laurie spends most his time in here." Jamie says as my finger tips feel the art, I was in awe by the art.

"Did he paint them?" I asked. I was curious, he didn't look like the painting type.

"Of course not, Ms. Fraser did."

My head turned, confusion was clearly presented on my face.

"He's married?" I mumbled.

"She passed away about two years ago." Jamie looked oddly saddened by it, he must've been close to her.

That could be a reason why he doesn't seem keen on surviving, it's pretty romantic if you ask me. Him wanting to end his life to be with the love of his life even when it hurts the people who love him here on earth.

I pushed away that feeling and moved along, Jamie showed me the kitchen, the dinning room, and finally we made it outside. The garden was beautiful and filled with life, this isn't a house, it's a mansion.