chapter 29

M O  S T Ó R

M O S T Ó R

I barged inside my bathroom, my hands struggled to turn on the faucet but finally managed to. I drowned a rag in burning hot water and started scrubbing my arms so hard that they turned bright red. Tears trailed down my cheeks and it felt like every breath I took hurt my chest. I've killed a total of four men within the same month, one of them was my father and I still killed him.

Water was flying everywhere as my hair was becoming soaked with the liquid, and my hand started scrubbing my cheeks. My sobs were getting louder, and my tears were becoming unstoppable. This dress suddenly felt too tight and I couldn't breathe, I needed to take it off immediately so I rechecked behind my back to try and unzip it but it wasn't budging. I've been abused mentally, physically, and emotionally and I'm exhausted of feeling like this.

"What are you doing?" Laurie asked very softly, I turned around with my hand still trying to unzip this god-awful dress.

"I can't-I can't breathe." I stuttered like an idiot while sounding completely out of air. "I need to get this dress off of me now!"

Laurie didn't question why, he just grabbed the back of the dress and ripped it apart with both his hands. My body fell forward just a little, balancing myself against the counter while taking in deep breaths. My whole body was shaky, and the cold air touched my back causing light shivers. Water dripped down the side of my face, this felt like a nightmare and the worst part was that I couldn't wake up.

"What if Erin finds out I have blood on my hands?" I cried, she'd never forgive me. "Oh god, what if she finds out I killed her grandfather."

"Just breathe, mo stór." He whispered, it was so low that I almost missed it.

All I heard was mo stór, I hadn't heard that nickname in so long that it felt like a warm blanket covering my cold body.

"She'll never forgive me."

His warm hand touched my bare shoulder and I melted, just knowing that he was here brought me so much comfort but I don't know why. I quickly turned around and wrapped my arms around his waist, his arms wrapped around my much shorter body. We both were hugging each other like our lives depended on it, it was like clinging to a form of life that's been gone for so long. His head fell between my neck, and this felt so normal, so comfortable.

"Erin won't ever find out the truth, I'll make sure of it." He said, sounding so confident.

We were just holding each other for so long, but the urge to make eye contact with each other is what caused us to pull away just a little, his arms were still wrapped around my body. I stared up at him, this man has broken my heart multiple times yet I will always seek comfort from him. There was so much we needed to say yet so little time, his huge hand grabbed my cheek while his thumb gently touched the side of my jaw.