chapter 22

T H E  P O S I T I V E

T H E P O S I T I V E

       My hands held the cold toilet as my knees pressed against the floor, vomit was spilling from my mouth and my hair was piled along the seat. Everything I ate the night before landed inside the toilet, my vision was blurry with my tears gathering around my eyes. My hands were shaking so badly that I was afraid they might fall off, and my eyes fell to the vanity where my positive pregnancy test laid at.

I wiped my mouth against the back of my hand and flushed the toilet before standing back up. I always hoped when I finally got pregnant my mom would be standing beside me, and it'd be with a guy who loves me. I stared at myself through the mirror, mascara covered my face and my lipstick was smudged across my mouth.

What am I going to do?

There was a loud knock on my bathroom door, I sniffed while wiping my tears and grabbing the test. I hurried and shoved it under the sink behind the wall of toilet paper, I fixed my shirt hoping it wouldn't look too messy. I opened the door poking my head out just a little, Diana stood there in all her glory with curiosity in her eyes.

"Is there something I can do for you?" I asked, my voice shaky and I know her eyes focused on the sweat prickling my forehead.

"I heard you vomiting." She said, her hand pushed open the door and my legs carried me back.

"It was something I ate."

I can't tell her because she'll tell her brother and if Laurie knows that I'm carrying his child, I'll never be free again.

Her brows lifted, and she knew I was lying. I don't know why but my eyes fell to the cabinet where I've hidden my most price possession, she glanced down before bending down and opening it. I bit down hard on my tongue, and the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth. Her arm reached inside and slowly pulled the test out, her eyes were concentrated on the plus sign.

"Please, don't tell anyone." I whispered, so quietly.

"Are you kidding me?"

She grabbed my arm and yanked me forward, my hair covered my face while her nails dug inside my skin. "Who have you been fucking behind my brother's back?" She gritted her teeth, anger poured from her mouth.

"No one, what are you talking about?" I stuttered while trying to pry her hand off of me but she had an iron grip on me which frightened me.

She cursed under her breath before tightening her hand and pulling me out of the bathroom, my vision was blurry with all the wind slamming into my face as she dragged me practically through every room until arriving at his office. She kicked open the door before throwing me inside the room, I caught myself on my knees with my hands settling on the ground.

Tears filled my eyes at this strange filling swirling inside my stomach, I carefully looked up at the desk in front of me. Laurie sat behind a small stack of papers with his hands gripping the armrest of his chair, he didn't spare me a single glance as he glared angrily at his sister.